Friday, March 19, 2010

Catching Up....To Weis for One Last Catalina Roll last Saturday Night

Ok, it's official.
Last week I was officially on a 'Bender'.....a Spending Bender!

I did 8 rolls of the Catalina Deals at Weis.

I had IPQs for the Classico Pasta Sauce($1/2), the Hidden Valley($1/1) & the Ore-Ida Steam & Mash($1/1).
Since my local Weis doesn't accept IPQs(BOO HISSSSSSSS!), I was forced to shop at 2 other Weis Markets to use these Qs.

I did the Heinz Catalina Deal 4 times...
4 Ketchup
20 Pasta Sauces
2 Steam & Mash Taters
1 Onion Rings

The Kellogg's Catalina Deal twice....
5 Corn Pops Cereal
2 Keebler Cookies
5 Fruit Snacks

The Clorox Cat Deal twice also.....
4 bottle of Clorox 2
5 bottles of Clorox
2 Hidden Valley Dressing
1 Glad Garbage Bags

I goofed bigtime tho, confusing Kellogg's Fruit Snacks with Betty Crocker ones.  I was thinking the nationwide Catalina was on the Kellogg's(which were part of the Cat Deal)but it was on the BC ones(which were NOT part of the Cat Deal). I bought 5 boxes thinking I'd reap an additional $3.50 Cat Q along with the $7 Cat Q that was part of the Weis/Kellogg's Cat Deal. 
I knew those Fruit Snacks were a bad idea.....why the heck did I even buy them?lol

NOPE!
So those Fruit Snacks will be going back to Weis this week.

While in Weis this week doing the Cat Deals I also took advantage of the IQF Fish for $3.99lb.(3 bags worth at approx. 2.5 lbs. per bag), the $1 a 1lb. bag frozen stir-fry veggies(4 bags), JollyTime Popcorn for $1 a box after sale and my $1/1 home mailer Qs and 1/2lb. of liverwurst at the deli per DH's request(not on sale-the horrors!llol).

I also hit a nice chicken clearance.  Remember that 40% off  'natural fresh' chicken sale Weis held last week.  Well, my local store had a TON of it leftover Saturday evening so they marked it all down and then put $1 or $2 Instant Discount stickers on the packages....
And then they waited for me to come to the store!

I picked up 14.27 lbs. of chicken(mostly breast and a couple packages of thighs)for an avg. price of less than .74¢ a lb!
Oh, yah.....

So to the Cat items above add....
14.27 lb. chicken
8 lb. frozen fish fillets
4 lb. frozen veggies
.43 lb. liverwurst

Total for all....$93.05(before I return the fruit snacks)...$81.40 after the return.  and I have a $7 Cat left.
$34.43 for the Cat items + $46.97 for everything else.

To offset things a bit, I'll be able to send for the Clorox 2 MIR I blogged about HERE for full price of $4.49 x 2(once for me, once for BIL), so that's $8.98 more off my OOP for a grand total spent of $72.42.

Even to me this sounds high for an OOP, but if you laid it all out for a photo it would be a great deal for the price.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.