Monday, March 15, 2010

My 1st Blogging Award


I was given this award by Who Doesn't Love Coupons?  Well it was the end of last month but I totally forgot until last week so that's why I am sooo tardy posting about it. It took me a whole week to think of 7 interesting facts about myself as well!lol

I hope my delay doesn't mean I am a bad blogger or something.
 That's just me.....all scatter brained sometimes. ;-)

I know this will surprise ya'll (no, not really I hear you say)but this is my very first bloggy award!
Yes, Sluggy's been faithfully blogging on an almost daily basis for over a year now and nada in the awards category until now.  Sluggy obviously doesn't run in the right blogging circles it seems.


Nope....no awards for being a top frugal blog, a funny blog & no awards for being a 'pretty' blog.
So I am thrilled as pie(Mmmm....piiiiiiieeeee!)to receive this award.


The rules for accepting this award:

1.Thank the person that gave you the award...ok, "Thanks Jenn", she said as she waved wildly.

2. Pass this award on to 13 bloggers you've recently discovered and whom you think are fantastic!

3. Contact the Bloggers you pick to let them know they've won.

4. State 7 Things about yourself!

Here are the 7 things about me:

1.) I dropped out of graduate school at the NC School of the Arts.
2.)  I sang on the radio with the Chorus of The US Naval Academy.
3.) I have a confirmed ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War.
4.) I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
5.) I have been a natural redhead, brunette and was born with a full head of black hair.
6.) Oprah Winfrey gave the commencement speech at my college graduation(back before she was "Oprah" & just a news reporter in Baltimore).
7.) I can touch my nose with my tongue(without using my hands to push either one toward the other).....try it, it ain't easy!

Here are 13 blogs I have discovered and love.  There are so many others that I read so this list is NOT exhaustive.  Don't feel bad if I read ya and you aren't on the list here.  These are just the blogs my pea-brain could think of at this moment.....

1--Coupons Deals and More  Ann has a delightful sense of humor wrapped around the 'deals'.
2--A Mom Money and More  SonyaAnn is my budget buddy who can be downright wickedly 'bad'...right SonyaAnn?
3-- Graceful Retirement  Great blog about a woman playing catch-up to stash away those retirement $s.
4-- The Happy(Atheist)Homemaker  A quirky young fresh face in the blog-o-sphere.
5--Things I Want to Punch In the Face  Funny. As. Hell.
6-Tight Fisted Miser  Great tips and info for your Inner Miser.
7--Yard Sale Queen's Blog  Chris has a great sense of humour and you never know what she's going to find in her thrift store/yard sale travels.
8--All Doors Considered  An interesting blog by a woman who retired early and her life adventures.
9--Real Life Living  Annie Jones cooks, practices frugality, does home improvement...a true renaissance woman.
10--Sew Not My Day!  McVal recounts her exciting life in middle America.
11--I'm So Pretty, I Fart Fairy Dust  Ms. Fairy Dust's take on life and couponing.
12--The West Virginia Surf Report   A local PA guy's very irreverent humor blog.
13--Marilyn's Money  Marilyn has frugality covered in western OH.

Ok....the following aren't 'blogs' per se, but I like these sites and they are worth checking out too.
Hoard House  This is an issue close to my heart & seems to be the mental illness du jour.
Water Cure This is an alternative health site.
Buy Less Crap  A non-comsumerist Charity site.

 Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! Hooray for Sluggy! You deserve awards, kudos, atta-girls, and many pats on the back.

    You, my friend, are inspiring. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I would like to thank the academy. Or what about, you like me, you really like me.
    Thank you!
    And I don't know what I want to be either! Yay, for indecision! JK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you got the other comment. It doesn't seem to like me right now!
    Thank you so much for the award. Please thank the academy for me. And you like me, you really like me!
    And I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award!!!! and THANKS for passing it on to me! I enjoy seeing how much money you save. It's an inspiration to me to finally start clipping and being frugal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, cool!!! Thanks, Sluggy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award!

    I think I may be finding some new blogs to follow. Thanks for that, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.