Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Beloved Printer Buddy is Gone




See this printer?
This is DH printer that just went to printer heaven last week.
I LOOOOOOOVED this printer!

I discovered a cool as heck thing about this particular model of HP printer about 6 months ago.
Ya see, if I printed coupons from it, I could hit the OFF button on the printer right before the print job was finished.

By doing that, the printer told itself that it hadn't printed the coupon yet.....even though it had.
And when you turned the printer back on, it would print the coupon again.


And if you follow me here.....you could in theory keep turning the printer off & on ad infinitum and you could print as many coupons as you wanted until you couldn't stand it anymore!

Ok, so I only printed coupons on it this way to get a few extra since we only have 2 printers here(and mine doesn't always work...it's a P.O.S. Canon Pixma).....
and I don't have access to other computers from family or friends to print coupons.....
or from work like lots of other people do.

It was just my little special way to get a few more prints on a coupon.

But now my beloved HP All-in-One is swimming with the fishies.....**sigh**

DH brought home a new HP All in One printer.
Ok....you can hear the wheels turning in my head, right?  
Is it possible.....that this one will be "friendly" too??
 
I was crushed to find out that the new printer does NOT hold the magical power of the old model.
So I am back to being "Two Print Sluggy" again.
No more stockpiling that awesome deal with internet printed coupons.
I have to rely on the crappy local inserts.
And when I say crappy, I do mean crappy.  I have documented such on the blog,  HERE and HERE.

I'm guessing I'll be spending a lot more time on eBay or buying through a clipping service again.

**double sigh**

 R.I.P. my beloved coupon loving HP printer.....
I miss you already!


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Bet you could find a used one on eBay. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - that is sad. I used to have that printer & never knew... I agree - you can prob. find it on eBay!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.