Friday, May 31, 2024

Frugal Friday....the May 31st Edition

There are a few Frugal wins over the past week.

*  Had two PT sessions this week.  Again, no co-pays.  Man, this gal works me hard too but I think I am getting stronger in my shoulders. 8-)  I've got 2 more sessions with her next week and then I continue doing these at home by myself(well the ones that don't require a big machine!). I start another round of PT for a muscle in my back the following week.  If it ain't one thing it's another, right?  The therapist and I had a talk about what the Pain Management folks wanted her to try but A-it's sort of dangerous to do this as the muscle is over my kidney and B-Medicare no longer reimburses them for this procedure/therapy so I'd be paying out of pocket.  We'll be trying deep tissue massage and exercises instead which Medicare does pay for and then will see how that works out. ;-)

*  Hit up Walmart on two days........

2  cans of Culture Pop soda, one had a BOGO free rebate from the manufacturer and I got $1 Ibotta rebate so both cost me .88¢  Has anyone tried this product yet?
The Curad wrap was $1.97 and I received 560 Shop Kicks back for buying it($2.40)so a moneymaker.
The bottle of Zero sugar Pure Tea was $1.98 and I got a $1 Ibotta rebate on that.
The All detergent was .97¢  after Shop Kicks and Ibotta rebate.
The small Max Fresh Colgate toothpaste was a $1.03 moneymaker after Ibotta.
Same for the Colgate small size toothpaste, a $1.03 moneymaker.
The Cover Girl face make-up was $1 OOP after a $3 Shopmium.
The 2 bottle of Olay body wash was $1.83 each after Ibotta rebates and Shop Kicks.  (I generally don't spend that much but this Olay is good stuff.)
The Tazo tea was on clearance and after the Ibotta rebate was $2.25.
The Small Spaces was .94¢ OOP.
The Old Spice trial size body wash was .97¢ after Ibotta rebate.
(The detergent, both toothpastes, face make-up, Old Spice and maybe the sodas will be going to the food bank.)
So either $5.52 or $4.64 OOP for what I am keeping(depending if I keep the Culture Pop).

Then I picked up this at a different Walmart.........
The crackers were a $1.52 moneymaker after Ibotta rebate.
The toothpaste was  a .03¢ moneymaker as well.
The 3 hand soaps were $1.89 total after Shop Kicks or .63¢ each.
Toothpaste and the hand soaps will be going to the food bank as well.
So a $1.52 moneymaker OOP for what I am keeping.
A $4.00 OOP for both trips is I keep that Culture Pop and a $3.12 OOP if I don't.
At any rate the Food Bank wins.  The lady last week when we dropped off our offerings requested toothpaste specifically and more toiletry type items so I am on a mission(even without a Rite-Aid).  ;-)

*  We hit Kroger near PT too yesterday and I scored a few deals......


I got 3 packages of breakfast sausages marked down to $4.40, so $1.47 each.  The Kraft mozzarella shreds were $1.99 per bag(If they had been marked down before Tuesday and part of the "Buy 5, Get $1 off each item" then they would have been .99¢ per bag.  Oh well....still a good price.
I also found a 3 lb. package of 80/20 Ground Beef*not pictured*marked down to $8.66 which makes that $2.89 per lb.


But the best deal was the 16 lb. bag of Kingsford Charcoal briquets.  On sale for $10.99 and I had a $5 off digital coupon so paid $5.49 OOP.  Then I submitted my receipt to Ibotta and got $4 back, making this big boy only $1.49. 8-)))


*  As for Kroger and my KCB account...go read last week's Frugal Friday rant on this....still no resolution and the Technical Team has still not contacted me or anyone else from Kroger.  I have been a bit busy this week with other stuff so I didn't have an extended period of time to call them and find out where we are with this.  They still "owe" my KCB account that missing $1 when they "gave" me a store credit plus  I am missing $21.55 for 8 items I purchased on 5/17 and 5/19 so the saga continues.
Once I get all this straightened out(IF it gets straightened out)I will think twice before I do any deal involving KCB.  IMHO, They feel it's not worth the time or energy to fix that system and just throw store credit at anyone who complains.

*  I got a check from the cruise line this week.......


It's an odd amount and neither Hubs or I can figure out what this refund is for and the stub only says "net refund".  I even called my "guy" at NCL and he could see it was issued to me but he has no idea what it's for either.  It's not like it lines up with any shore excursion we paid for or anything else!  Those cheap bastards only gave us a 10% off a future cruise for stealing an entire day of our trip where we got to ride a bus hours to the Gibraltar border, got turned away from entry and then rode said bus back to the port all because the Cruise Line did NOT do the paperwork/passport stuff they needed to do.  You would think this was the first time NCL had an excursion from Spain to Gibraltar. This piddily little check is not enough to compensate for that! I'm cashing it anyway. 8-(

*  After PT Tuesday we were near BK and they had a National Hamburger Day Deal--get a free hamburger when you spent .70¢ on any item.  Of course they have NO items on their menu priced that low. lol  I bought the smallest bag of Onion Rings they sell which was more palatable than ordering the equivalent sized French Fries so I spent $2.09+ tax OOP.

*  We have been using food here and eating all the leftovers(except the small burger and rings on Tuesday).  No "real" eating out so far this week.

*  I got good news on the Essential Tremor front.  Scheduled to see a doctor in VA and will be staying with my brother and his wife while there.  These medical people seem more on the ball and I could have the procedure before Summer is out(if I qualify).  Medicare and Supplement pay for this.  I will had to drive to VA and back(the gas won't be frugal)but I won't have to make multiple trips like to the place in Dallas and I have a free place to stay while in VA. 8-)  And if it works, I won't be on these seizure meds for the rest of my life just so I can perform normal  ADL(activities of daily living).  More on that saga later....


*  I found money!


I went up to Walmart to pick up some Rxs on Sunday and found this penny.
That was my only find for the week even though I seemed to be going out most days of last week.  Pennies are thin on the ground here right now.....

Total Found last week.... .01¢ 

Grand Total Found this Year.......$4.55 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy     


 

6 comments:

  1. I posted my frugal week yesterday, but nothing to shout about. I mostly just try not to waste what we do buy, and not buy what doesn't have a need or good purpose. I don't have energy to chase any deals, but look for them if they are under my nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a fulltime job I wouldn't be hunting grocery deals so much. It would be a more "I'm in the store and look what I stumbled upon" thing. lol
      And I only buy what we can use/eat/need or if the food bank wants/needs it.

      Delete
  2. I love culture pop! It’s a good middle for me between a soda and a seltzer in terms of sweetness. And i appreciate a drink that doesn’t have artificial sugar or stevia or monk fruit (all of which makes me have migraines)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aisle is/was offering a BOGO deal on Culture Pop. trygotoaisle.com Offers vary by zip code/area but it's worth checking it out. 8-)

      Delete
  3. That is good news on the Essential Tremor front. I gave up on the Kroger cash back stuff last year. It was a pain in the a**. Still load the coupons but that is all. Going to do most shopping at Aldi these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things work out well for you in VA and that they are more efficient than everything you've been dealing with. The medical system is seriously broken and it's such a relief when you finally do find answers and help.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.