Friday, May 3, 2024

Frugal Friday....the May 3rd Edition 2024

There are very few Frugal wins over the past week.

*  I guess loosing electricity for 2+ days counts as frugal.  We didn't have an electric bill for that amount of time. 8-)

*  We did some housework and laid low last week.  Did a little grocery shopping last weekend before the power went out.
I looked at my CVS app and I had a free $2 to spend. woohoo!
So I went there and bought this......


Mini club soda 4 packs on clearance.  I paid .15¢OOP.


*  Had to eat out for 2 nights--Monday dinner was Catfish and sides & Tuesday was at Subway.  The Catfish joint is pretty cheap and I had a $4 in Rewards I used at Subway.

*  Of course all the stores had power(and a/c)so we went to Walmart to get my $4 in coupons from them.......
These tomato products had Peelie Qs on them when I purchased, but the person working the self-checkouts wouldn't/couldn't override the register when it wouldn't accept them.  Of course this happened right before we left on the cruise so I had to wait until we got back to deal with the situation.  I did contact Corporate via email about this pre-cruise and was told to go back and they'd honor those coupons.  
Of course the woman at the CS desk on Tuesday had no CLUE about any of this(even though the manager of the store had called me)but I got my $4 owned me.  Had they not honored the Qs those items would have been returned.  Homie don't play!

*  I did my April food spending rundown and we did pretty good on the saving $$ last month.  After all the rebates were accounted for, we were at less than $208 spent. 8-)

*  I found money!  

Went to Dollar General for greeting cards on Saturday and found three pennies....


At Walmart on Tuesday and found another penny.........



Then I did laundry after we got power back on Wednesday evening and found this in the dryer.....



House rules-Any money found in the laundry is mine! ;-)

Total Found last week.... .05¢ 

Grand Total Found this Year.......$4.12 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy     

5 comments:

  1. When we lose power, we head for ac. We have only lost power in ac season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not lose power for extended amounts of time unless there is an ice or snow storm (about every 15 years or so) or during tornado/hurricane season. Usually it is for just a few hours, but we have lost if for 6 days before. It all depends on tree damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you have basically reliable infrastructure there. They do not know the meaning of that sentence here. 8-(((

      Delete
  3. Kroger has been offering a $6 digital coupon and Ibotta a $3 rebate for Sheba cat food the last few weeks. This ends up being cheaper than Amazon subscribe and save so I’ve been stocking up. Zima is a picky girl and eats nothing but certain flavors of Sheba pate style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't know the meaning of reliable infrastructure here either, Sluggy. It stinks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.