Monday, May 20, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....the May 20th Edition

The "What's Going On In My Yard" Edition.....


You probably can't see it but the bird nest now has a fuzzy headed youngin' in it.  It looks like the momma bird only had one egg(or at least one egg hatch).


And the photo above is of a Mudbug or Crayfish tube.  This one isn't very tall(Hubs may have mowed it down with his tractor)but if the critter is still in there, it will be built taller.  Trust me! 8-)

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Steak, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries
2. Monday--Leftovers or food out as we are going to Jackson
3. Tuesday--Scallops, leftover Cole Slaw, Au Grating Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad, Chicken Parm, Sauteed Cabbage
5. Thursday--Kielbasi, Squash, leftover Potatoes
6. Friday--Salmon, Veggies TBD, whatever leftovers
7. Saturday--???Whatever I pull out of the freezer

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--Steak, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries
2. Monday--Chick fil-A Sandwich, Salad
3. Tuesday--Scallops, Cole Slaw, Teriyaki Veggie Mix
4. Wednesday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zucchini, Rice
5. Thursday--Steak Sandwiches, leftover Cole Slaw
6. Friday--Fish, leftover Cole Slaw, Roasted Broccoli
7. Saturday--Smoked Ribs, Mac and Cheese, leftover Teriyaki Veggies

I got a special on zuke, squash, thinly sliced steak and pork ribs so Wed., Thurs., and Sat. meals were changed up. I used the half a head of cabbage left to make a big ol' tub of Slaw instead of sautéing it.  I also had almost an entire half gallon of milk that was set to go off so I made a rare pan of mac and cheese(not rare in and of itself but rare for me to make that dish since losing all the weight).  Hubs will be tasked with finishing that(evidently I am incapable of making just a "little" mac and cheese).  He said it's a hard life but he'll do the best he can. lolz

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
*  2 Steaks
*  Scallops
*  6 Chicken Thighs
*  pack of Thin Sliced Steak
*  slab of Pork Ribs
*  6 Fish Fillets

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 Hamburger Patties
*  Sugar Snap Peas
*  a Meatloaf ready to cook
*  3 hunks of Salmon

Last week we spent $158.18 on grocery shopping for May.  Big week for grocery shopping but sometimes, when the deals present themselves you have to answer the call. ;-)

Total shopping comes to $308.88 for May.   There are 11 shopping days left in May.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $114.89 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $16.50 on Shopmium in May.
I've earned $15.50 on Alexa app in May.
I've earned $21.55 on Kroger Cash Back in May.
I've earned $6.56 on TaDa in May.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $10.49 on Aisle, etc. in May.
I've earned 2,625 points on Fetch from food shopping in May.
I've earned 182 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May.($)
I've earned 0 Points on My Points in May.($)
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in May.

That is $141.88 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/TaDa/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa)on $308.88 of grocery spending so in reality it's $167.00 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending.

My savings percentage for the last week was 67.77% and the monthly savings total for May comes in at 64.74% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week...Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke, Rice, Ribs, Mac & Cheese, Roasted Broccoli, plus some leftover cheese sauce from making Mac & Cheese.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Kielbasi on Rolls, leftover Cole Slaw
2. Monday--Meatballs, Sauce, Spaghetti, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sauté Yellow Squash
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Catfish, Green Beans
7. Saturday--One Never Knows, do One?*extra points if you get the Fats Waller reference here*


What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy    

6 comments:

  1. Your feet's too big? I have the soundtrack to the musical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is, "your pedal extremities are noxious!"

      Delete
  2. Yum, we love the sweet potato fries. I make mine in the air fryer. Your lemon pepper chicken sounds good too. I didn't shop last week, so no savings to report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not shopping is the ultimate savings really...lol

      Delete
  3. Hi Sluggy, just looked up your post on naked man. Well at least he had something on his head (the top one). But where would life be without people like Hat Man - I kinda like him and he ain't wrong and our consumerism and waste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made two pizzas yesterday and I have a large container of black bean soup thawing. That’s probably it for the week. Zima won’t let me close her window so no air conditioning and limited oven use here.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.