Wednesday, May 1, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Back to Reality" Edition.....


Here's Hubs standing next to the paella pan at the restaurant we ate at in Ibizia, Spain.  I doubt even he could have eaten that whole thing. lolz

Well I put on 13 lbs. during the cruise, but am already taking it all back off(9 lbs. off as of today)by doing intermittent fasting since Friday.  Another week or so and I'll be right as rain again. 8-)

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Twisted Root Burger
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened(we were on the ship until Tuesday)......
1. Sunday--Crusty Bread w/EVOO and Balsamic, Salad, Calamari, Paella, dessert I can't remember and oh, so much wine!
2. Monday--Endive Salad, Filet Mignon, Cheese Plate for dessert
3. Tuesday--Bruschetta, Ribs and Shrimp, Apple Brown Betty
4. Wednesday--Some Chicken dish w/Rice on the plane, a roll, a crumbly cake, a fancy UK Hot Pocket and many Dr. Pepper Zero Sugars
5. Thursday--Muffaletta Pizza
6. Friday--Leftover Muffaletta Pizza
7. Saturday--Beef Fajitas  

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
*  Nothing  
What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 pack of Catfish
*  1 pack of Salmon
*  3+lbs. of Pork Tenderloin  

Last week we spent $167.89 on grocery shopping for April.  I had an Ibotta Bonus to hit and dby gosh I was going to get there. ;-)  

Total shopping come to $538.55 for April.   There are 0 shopping days left in April so I am done for the month, obviously.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $243.50 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $24.50 on Shopmium in April.
I've earned $32.50 on Alexa app in April.
I've earned $11.24 on Kroger Cash Back in April.
I've earned $29.39 on TaDa in April.
I've earned $1.50 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $32.41 on Aisle, etc.
I've earned 35,644.00 points on Fetch from food shopping in April.
I've earned 8,250 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in April.($33.00)
I've earned 3,497 Points on My Points in April.($16.63)
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in April.

That is $331.30 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa)on $538.55 of grocery spending so in reality it's $207.25 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending.

My savings percentage for the last week was 56.35% and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 45.22% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week...Fajita filling.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Teriyaki Green Beans, Stuffed Mushroom Caps
2. Monday--Catfish, Shrimp, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--1/2 Subway Tuna Sub
4. Wednesday--1/2 Subway Tuna Sub
5. Thursday--Brisket, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

My meal plan blew up when we lost power for 2+ days.  This is my revised plan since I got back online this morning. 8-))

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy      

3 comments:

  1. We have not gotten the ads yet, so no idea what is on sale. You can bet we will buy mostly bogo items. Bogo packs of salad green were bogo, so Tommy got two. We will finish these and buy two more. If we finish the next two, we will get two more on Tuesday. We eat lots of salads when the greens are bogo.
    I have the urge to make salmon croquettes this weekend. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just glad there is no liver and onion day planned on your menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dukes Mayo was bogo at Winn Dixie. The soft drinks for kid (Dr Pepper) were buy two cartons get one free at Winn Dixie I went to Aldi for most foods so it was just their standard prices except I did notice mushroom prices were much higher… sigh. A carton last week was $1.25. This week a carton is $1.85. I eat a lot of mushrooms so I was not happy. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.