Friday, May 10, 2024

Frugal Friday....the May 10th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins over the past week.

*  I did a shop at Kroger and bought this last Friday.....



The $9.99 Kellogg's cereals in back were on clearance for $2.49.  I had $2 Ibotta rebates so they cost .49¢ each.  The Keebler mini crackers were $2.49 or $2.29 after coupons and I am suppose to get back $6 total($2 per box)from KCB, making them .29¢ or .49¢(depending on variety).
I had a Best Customer Q making the Peanut Butter free and I had a Manufacturer Rebate making the Pop Chips free as well.
The Aleve was a clearance find for $6.37, which had a $3 Kroger digital Q and a $3 Ibotta rebate so .37¢ in the end.  The Bob Evans Veggies were $4.99 on sale with Q and I had $2 Ibotta rebates for each, so $2.99 OOP.
The yogurt remix things(Dannon)were$1.50 each and I had a .50¢ off one and a $2 off 4 digital Q so $3.50 for all. I had a Shopmium .50¢ Q for one and a TaDa .50¢ for another one too so $2.50 for all. I believe I had a KCB offer as well but it hasn't been applied to my account. 8-(  KCB has been a hassle for me.

Then I stopped in a different Kroger on Tuesday before the sale ended and bought this........

The 3 boxes of toothpaste were a total of .97¢ after digital Q($5/3)and 3 x $2 Ibotta rebates(headed for the food bank).  The Aleve was more clearance, $3.37 after digital Q and I had a $3 Ibotta rebate so .37¢ after all that.
The Move Free was also a clearance find at $9.80, had a $5 Ibotta rebate and a $5 KCB so it will end up being a .20¢ moneymaker....if the KCB ever works.

*  I hit up Walmart for this.....


3 x Tylenol Extra Strength travel size tubes for $1.88 each.  I got $2 back on Ibotta for each so a .36¢ moneymaker.

*  CVS rewarded me for going in last week by giving me $3 in ECBs expiring Sunday.
So I went there and bought this......


Two boxes of GM cereal on sale for $1.99 each.  I paid $.98 OOP and submitted to Ibotta and got $1.00, making this free cereal.  The Cocoa Puffs will go to the food bank and the Cheerios are staying here.

*  I noticed that none of my KCB offers I did have been applied to my account(since the beginning of April!)so I called to get clarification on a few things.
It's difficult to keep track of KCB since as soon as you use/apply an offer and purchase the item, the offer disappears from your available account and it doesn't show anywhere as pending.  Going forward I'll track what offers I use and when so I can contact CS if they don't show up after 1 week.
The person I spoke to put a courtesy $10 on my Kroger card  but I'll be darned if I won't be calling back on Friday(which will be a week since purchase)to get the $6 in KCB for those crackers bought last Friday. ;-)  

*  We have been using food here and eating leftovers.  No eating out so far this week.

*  I went to PT on Wednesday for my shoulders.  Because of my Medigap Supplement, PT there won't cost me any copays.  Therapist gave me some exercises to do at home and I am doing them. 8-)

*  I found money!  

Last Friday I went to Kroger and used a self-checkout register.
This was in the coin return.....


a Quarter!

Then on Sunday I went to Walmart to pick up Rxs and found this......

A penny while walking on the entrance aisle past the registers in the store.

Then also on Sunday while in CVS to use my free $3 in ECBs they gave me I found these.........

They have one self-checkout register right by the door and next to where they keep the shopping carts.  As I took a shopping cart, I looked down and saw three pennies on the carpeting next to the register.  People really don't like pennies around here I guess.  I was glad to bring them home. ;-)


Total Found last week.... .29¢ 

Grand Total Found this Year.......$4.41 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy     

2 comments:

  1. You got in on some really good deals this week, especially the cereal. I have 4 more appointments with my physical therapist for my shoulder. I really strained it this week in Atlanta getting my wheelchair in and out of the car, which is better for my knees but kills my shoulder. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I canceled several Amazon subscribe and save items. The prices were good at first but they kept increasing every month.
    No Cow bars were more expensive than full price at Kroger plus they charge sales tax. I stocked up at Kroger when they were on sale for almost half price.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.