Monday, March 25, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table....the March 25th Edition

The "A Great Deal on a Couple of Pizzas" Edition.....



I bought a couple of these pizzas to try at Kroger a week or so ago as they were BOGO and I had multiple rebates/coupons to go with them such that these were better than free to me.  We don't often eat pizza anymore but sometimes we splurge out.  It was a tad spicy(either the sauce or the pepperoni-pepperoni is like that, very inconsistent on degree of spicy from pie to pie).  
Anyway, I liked the verbiage in the instructions on the back of the box-read what I highlighted.......lolz


Would I pay the regular price of $13.99 for one of these?  No way.

This is day 288 of the new "way of eating".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Kicking the weight loss up again with intermittent fasting this week, but no movement of the scale yet.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Braised Corned Beef, Colcannon, Cheesecake Factory Rolls
2. Monday--Liver, Onions, Gravy, leftover Colcannon
3. Tuesday--Rueben Sandwiches
4. Wednesday--Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/leftover Pork Loin, Rice(for Hubs)
5. Thursday--Cheeseburgers(bun optional), leftover Veggies or Sweet Potato
6. Friday--Salmon, assorted leftovers
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Braised Corned Beef, Colcannon, Cheesecake Factory Rolls
2. Monday--Liver, Onions, Gravy, leftover Colcannon
3. Tuesday--Rueben Sandwiches
4. Wednesday--Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/leftover Pork Loin, Rice(for Hubs)
5. Thursday--BLT Sandwiches
6. Friday--Assorted leftovers(I had green beans, stir-fry w/a little pork loin)
7. Saturday--Salmon, leftover Cabbage, leftover Sweet Corn Grits

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
* Teriyaki Pork Loin
*  Bacon
*  Liver
*  Salmon

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 piece of Salmon
*  2 packs of Sausage
*  2 packs of Ice Cream Sandwiches
*  2 packs of Ice Cream Cones

Last week we spent $179.45 on grocery shopping for March.  

Total shopping comes to $744.15 for March.   
There are 6 shopping days left in March.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $278.04 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $70.50 on Shopmium in March.
I've earned $19.50 on Alexa app in March.
I've earned $33.25 on Kroger Cash Back in March.
I've earned $29.43 on TaDa in March.
I've earned $4.75 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $40.22 on Aisle, etc.
I've earned 31,586 points on Fetch from food shopping in March.
I've earned 6,623 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in March.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.

That is $442.77 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $744.15 of grocery spending so in reality it's $301.38 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count(the ones that give me cash back, not the ones that I turn the points into gift cards, or Alexa that gives me Amazon credit, and I count when those points are cashed in).  Some of what I spent was for Food Bank donations(I'll start not counting those items in our personal grocery spending going forward into April.)

My savings percentage for the last week was 52.33% and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 42.40% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week....not a blessed thing.  We got nothing.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pizza, Salad
2. Monday--BBQ Pork Loin, Assorted Veggie Mix
3. Tuesday--TV Dinners
4. Wednesday--Garlic Shrimp/Veggie Skillet meal
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Catfish, Cole Slaw, Green Beans
7. Saturday--Steak, Scalloped Potatoes, Veggie TBD

Trying to use some fresh produce up and trying not to buy any more as our trip is coming up soon.  Shopping from the freezer this week and for Easter dinner next Sunday.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy     

10 comments:

  1. Does this mean you have to lower your room temperature to room temperature before the counter tops reach room temperature? Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is refering to "countertop at room temperature" from above. I always wonder what they think the optimal "room temperature" is.

      Delete
    2. Ok, got it! Having a "Doh" day here. lol

      Delete
  2. We have quite a bit of leftover pizza and I pulled a container of white bean soup out of the freezer. I made a bunch of pasta salad today so that’s probably it for the week.

    Daryl has turned into an awful beggar lately so I’ve had to make something to distract him. I chop up some carrots and cucumber slices and toss them across the room. Pretty sure he’s burning more calories than he gets from the tiny bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dirty Daryl is such a character! My little beggars are just as bad.

      Delete
    2. Dirty D knows a sucker when he sees one! And unfortunately that sucker is me.

      Delete
  3. Don't usually comment, but I do read you every day. Off topic: I saw this story on my local TV about focused ultrasound treatment for essential tremor and thought of you. Ton;t know if they have it where you are or not. https://www.wral.com/video/new-tech-reduces-tremors-quickly-and-without-surgery/21346721/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, Thank you for this. I have investigated this treatment a bit but of course, no neurologist in Louisiana offers this and I was waiting for my neurologist to suggest it as the medication route is not sufficient. U of Texas in Dallas is the closest facility that offers this. I wanted to give the meds a full year before I started advocating for this treatment. There is a hospital near where we are moving to but I have no clue yet when the move is happening and I don't want to wait until then if I can help it. You gave me the push to start working on getting this done. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. My friend who is 92 has essential tremor as do her son and daughter. I will pass this on to her.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.