Monday, March 18, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table....the March 18th Edition

The "Using Up Leftovers" Edition.....



So I had leftover asparagus and most of a carton of baby bella mushrooms to use up last week.  Hubs got some Arborio rice at Walmart(paid full price!)so I made Risotto on Sunday.  Not a big ricer eater but I did have a bowl of this for a leftover lunch last week.  I loves me some mushrooms!

This is day 281 of the new "way of eating".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Kicking the weight loss up again with intermittent fasting this week,

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Mushroom/Asparagus Risotto
2. Monday--TV Dinners
3. Tuesday--Grilled Trout, Roasted Potatoes, leftover Roasted Veggies
4  Wednesday--Teriyaki Pork Loin, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Leftovers FFY
6.  Friday--Leftover Pork and Green Beans
7. Saturday--Liver, Onions, Taters, Beets

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Mushroom/Asparagus Risotto
2. Monday--TV Dinners(Mine was some Chicken, Cranberry, Apple, G Beans and Orzo thing)
3. Tuesday--Grilled Trout, Roasted Potatoes, leftover Roasted Veggies
4  Wednesday--Teriyaki Pork Loin, Green Beans
5. Thursday--1/2 Subway sub
6.  Friday--1/2 Subway sub
7. Saturday--Pizza, leftover Green Beans

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 Trout Fillets
*  Small Pork Loin
*  2 TV Dinners
*  1 Frozen Pizza

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  5 bags of frozen veggies
*  2 frozen pizzas
*  1 hunk of salmon

Last week we spent $218.94 on grocery shopping for March.  

Total shopping comes to $564.70 for March.   
There are 13 shopping days left in March.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $188.04 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $43.00 on Shopmium in March.
I've earned $10.00 on Alexa app in March.
I've earned $30.50 on Kroger Cash Back in March.
I've earned $28.32 on TaDa in March.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $5.00 on Aisle.
I've earned 25,430 points on Fetch from food shopping in March.
I've earned 4,572 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in March.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.

That is $259.36 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $564.70 of grocery spending so in reality it's $305.34 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count(the ones that give me cash back, not the ones that I turn the points into gift cards, or Alexa that gives me Amazon credit, and I count when those points are cashed in).  Some of what I spent was for Food Bank donations(I'll start not counting those items in our personal grocery spending going forward.)

My savings percentage for the last week was 39.75% and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 38.32% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week....a big container of Broccoli/Cheddar Soup, Small piece of Pork Tenderloin, Green Beans, Sweet Corn Grits Casserole, Hubs homemade Venison chili.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Braised Corned Beef, Colcannon, Cheesecake Factory Rolls
2. Monday--Liver, Onions, Gravy, leftover Colcannon
3. Tuesday--Rueben Sandwiches
4. Wednesday--Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/leftover Pork Loin, Rice(for Hubs)
5. Thursday--Cheeseburgers(bun optional), leftover Veggies or Sweet Potato
6. Friday--Salmon, assorted leftovers
7. Saturday--?

I tried to replicate a local chain-Southern Classic Chicken's Sweet Corn Grits recipe last week.  It wasn't the same but we'll need to finish it this week so if Hubs doesn't eat it for/with lunches it will make an appearance(or two)at a dinner.  There will be Corned Beef, Colcannon and Stir-Fry Veggies leftover so these will be incorporated into various meals.  I'm figuring Hubs will knock off the leftover soup but if not, it will become part of Saturday's dinner.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  
Not much going on here this week at the grocery stores.  I had to go back to Kroger because 3 of my items(multiples of them)didn't ring up the sale price that was on the shelf tags and one though it was tagged that there was a digital store Q, it didn't apply. Add in that I never got my $15 in KCB for those keychain flashlights I bought March 1st.  I had two separate "chats" with agents and instead of KCB going into my account they said I got "store credit" but where they said I could see it on my account via website it's not there.  So when I went to get refunds on those items that I was overcharged on, on Sunday, I tired to buy a markdown pack of Ground Beef and use this "store credit" and the cashier couldn't find it.  I'll try calling one more time about this and if I get someone I can't understand and/or they tell me the same shit, those keychain flashlights are going back to the store. sigh  I am just tired of whatever not working.  

Sluggy    

10 comments:

  1. Liver is at the top of the list of foods I will never eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey, but you have never had MY liver! ;-)

      Delete
  2. My daughter is with me a few days to regulate from oral surgery, so made soup to help her get nourishment. I'll probably cook taco meat and rice and do some taco bowls, plus we've been eating leftover sloppy joes for two days while she can chew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made chicken tenders over the weekend, and will make homemade chicken nuggets this weekend for my grandchildren. Dinner is chicken bowls full of meat and veggies. Lunch is what I can scrounge about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love liver and I have made chicken livers in cast iron skillet in oven before so I am now sitting here thinking it may be soft enough for me to cook and eat that. I got 16 oz sliced mushrooms BOLO at Winn Dixie, I have been eating that with boiled butter beans and cabbage (well really slaw boiled but slaw is mostly cabbage so….) This soft food diet is for the birds. Kid has been sick so I have been making a drive thru run at McDonalds or Wendy’s for him. Fine by me because I don’t feel like cooking . Just dragging myself to work and home and that is fine by me also bc I can hardly wait to get in my sweats when I get home. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  5. White bean soup for me and a pasta Impossible sausage concoction for Dave this week. I saved some of the sausage to use as a pizza topping later this week when we’re sick of the other options.

    Kroger Cash Back sucks. It’s only worked a few times for me so no longer buy anything based solely on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got asparagus growing... did you cook asparagus before adding or while cooking the rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The asparagus was already cooked(a leftover)so I added it at the end.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE mushrooms. But, Tommy will have nothing to do with them. So, I suffer, having to make a special effort to cook them separately and add them in. At least, he now eats pimientos without complaining. I only like calf liver. Cannot eat chicken liver. I told my children when they ate liver at my mother's that it was steak. They lover her steak.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.