Friday, March 29, 2024

Frugal Friday.....the March 29th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  I successfully used up odds and ends and incorporated them into new meals and no food got thrown out. 8-)  Americans throw out an average of 30-40 percent of our food supply(between all sources-each family, stores ditching spoilt food, and the natural waste that happens along the course of going down the food supply chain).  If I can do our little part and not let veg and fruit, etc. rot shoved into the back of the fridge I am happy.  It means we are good stewards of our food resources. 8-)

*  Picked up 2 prescriptions and paid Zero OOP(well, I do pay premiums for a Part D plan). ;-)

*  I cashed out on Tada for a $25 gift card to use later this week.

*  There was no spending on eating out this week other than using a gift card to get a salad for lunch on Thursday at Zaxby's.  They also have an offer if you have their app until the end of March where you can get a small free order of fried shrimp if you spend $5 so I got that also for free.  It was "meh" and Zaxby's should stick to doing chicken imho.

*  I did a little more Ibotta rebating this past week as I was trying to hit a big $10 Bonus and a $5 Weekend Bonus.  I hit the $5 Bonus with this lot from Walmart on Thursday since I was in Walmart picking up prescriptions anyway.


All this was a $24.73 moneymaker, between Ibotta and the $5 Weekend Bonus, that Tada earned gift card mentioned above, Shopmium, Fetch, Tada, Alexa and Social Nature. 8-)))  Even without the gift card this all would have cost me only .27¢. The deodorant and shampoo willl go to the food bank, the tape I will need when I ramp up my eBay business in May, 2 items are gifts for family/friends and the rest we will use.

*  I received a $2 rebate check in the mail this week for a long ago submitted for Dreft stain remover(bought and submitted the rebate last year I think).  I had given up hope of ever receiving that $2 but it's tucked in the bank account now. ;-)


*  I found money!



Hubs and I went to a different Walmart, one a few miles down the road from one we frequent that is a small neighborhood Walmart as it was the only one in the area that carries a product that there was a manufacturer's full price rebate on that I could apply for.  We found a few other deals there(like clearance Kinder bars which made them free after rebate and a Made Good flavor of granola bites that was $1 after rebate and those Reese's ice cream cones that none of our regular Walmarts seemed to have two of in stock for weeks.
Anyway, while leaving I spied a penny on the floor and scooped it up.
Then when we got to the car I saw a whole cache of pennies strewn about the crosshatching of the handicapped parking area in front of where we were parked so I merrily set about picking them up and tucking them into my pants pocket to cart home and wash.  11¢ richer in the found change department for 2024 for that trip was a bonus!


Went to pick up my Rxs at the local Walmart on Thursday.  I found a penny in the crosswalk outside on the way inside and another penny next to the car when I went back out to leave.

Total Found in last Week.... .13¢

Grand Total Found this Year.......$2.69

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy    

3 comments:

  1. I picked up five of the $.88 pineapples at Kroger today. They were sold out of the cheap almond milk and potatoes (as usual) so I might check again on Monday. Or maybe not. They are always sold out of the sale stuff lately. I’m spending a lot less there and more at Aldi and Fresh Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got 2 pineapples and 1 of the cheap almond milk. Sorry your Kroger was out. We've got three Krogers around here(one is a Marketplace store, the other 2 are not)so I can usual find what I want need between them. I hate that the closest food stores are Walmart and a DG(which carries some food)so I have to go further for Kroger, Aldi, etc. If all stores were equidistance I'd shop Aldi and Super 1 Foods(the cheap branch of a local chain called Brookshire's)mostly. The problem with Super 1 is I can't do Ibotta there and offerings for Ibotta are so limited at Aldi. sigh. Might make a good experiment to only go to the cheapest places for a month and not do Ibotta at all. 8-)

      Delete
  2. We have three other Krogers but two are really out of the way and one is called Kroghetto for a reason. I haven’t been back there since I saw a homeless guy open a lady’s car door when she ignored his tapping on her window.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.