Friday, March 5, 2010

What I Bought at Rite-Aid this Week.....2/28

I had been in my local store on Saturday & saw that they had marked down some varieties of Dove Shampoo to 50% off.
Egads....there were $1.50/1 ManuQs for that expiring on Sunday!  So you know I sat all day Saturday, praying nobody bought all the marked down 'Poos, so I could buy them on Sunday.lol



I also had a Holiday Gift of Savings $20 Certificate to spend and figured now was as good a time as any, so here is what I bought......

8 x Scott TP on sale BOGO $1.29=$5.16
4 x Sunsweet Prunes on sale $2=$8.00
3 x Dove Shampoo on clearance $2.49=$7.47
1 x Listerine PocketPacks on sale=$3.99
1 x Anti-Monkey Butt Powder on sale=$3.99
2 x Sure Men's Deodorant on sale BOGO=$3.29
2 x Carefree Pantiliners on sale $.99=$1.98
2 x Blistex Lip stuff on sale $.99=$1.98
2 x Luden's Cough Drops on sale $.99=$1.98
10 x Cadbury Creme Eggs on sale BOGO $.88=$4.40
SubTotal....$42.24

Coupons Used
1 x $5/$20 Purchase AdPerks Q=$5.00
2 x $1/2 Sunsweet Prunes ManuQ=$2.00
3 x $1.50/1 Dove Shampoo ManuQ=$4.50
1 x $1/1 Listerine PocketPacks ManuQ=$1.00
2 x $1.50/1 Sure Men's Deodorant ManuQ=$3.00
1 x $1/1 Carefree Pantiliners PeelieQ=$1.00
1 x $1/2 Blistex Lip ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/2 Luden's Cough Drops ManuQ=$1.00
2 x $.25/1 Luden's Drops GOL Q=$.50
5 x $.50/2 Cadbury Creme Eggs AdPerkQ=$2.50
Coupon Total....$21.50

$42.24-$21.50=$20.74-$20.00 GOS Certificate=$.74 OOP
SCRs qualified for....$3 Listerine, $3 Anti-Monkey Butt=$6.00

$.74-$6 SCRs=$5.26 Moneymaker!

Should haves.....
I should have used a $2 off any Skin Care item over $2.99 Wellness IPQ with the Anti-Monkey Butt Powder.  I would have had an additional $2 to spend or approx. $1.20 to spend and get closer to a $0 total at the register.

I also should have used a $1 off any Oral Care item over $1.99 Wellness IPQ with the Literine Pocket packs...but again, I didn't have one with me.

If you still need to pick these 2 items up this week and you can use the Wellness Qs, be sure and print one up to use when you go to Rite-Aid!
Don't be a bonehead like me....

OH!!!
If you are looking to do the SCR #24(Purchase $50 in select products for a $25 rebate) here's a bit of info.  Though it's not listed/pictured in the SCR Directory, the Luden's Cough Drops ARE part of this deal!
I went to input my purchase info. yesterday for this transaction and not only did the Carefree items show up as qualifying for SCR #24(which they are listed as qualified in the directory), but the Luden's also showed up!  If you are close to the minimum purchase &/or need cough drops, these are a cheap option.



Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Bravo!!!
    And what is Anti-Monkey Butt Powder? Whatever it is, it has to be good!
    I love when you have posts like this, it speaks to the OCD in me.
    Have a great and frugal weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have heard, "monkey butt" is a term motorcyclists use to describe how your butt gets after many hours sitting in one position on a bike on a hot engine.lol Now I am not one to sit for hours on a hot bike but I do sit for hours in front of the computer in a too warm house(too warm for me at least)...does that count?lol

    Come on over this weekend and I can take you frugal shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha! I was curious about the monkey butt too. I DON'T want that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a can of it for DH who is a motorcycle rider and had actually heard of it before (I guess the Monkey Butt Powder people advertise in biker mags), so he's just tickled. It apparently has calamine in it, which I always associate with bug bites at summer camp and looking all pink, but anyway, he's really happy to have the powder... so I guess it's a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.