Friday, June 7, 2024

Frugal Friday 2024......the June 7th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins over the past week.

*  Had my last two PT sessions this week for my shoulders.  Again, no co-pays.  Man, this gal works me hard too but I think I am getting stronger in my shoulders. 8-)  My shoulders are better and the therapist says they are "normal". I start another round of PT for a muscle in my back on the right side over my kidney this coming week.  If it ain't one thing it's another, right?  She feels the only PT she can offer is exercise for that rogue muscle.  We'll see how this goes.  The PT last Summer for my back didn't really help that muscle.  The only thing I've found that helps it is Valium ever since it started acting up in 2018 and we wound up in the ER in the middle of the night. 8-(  But I will be hopeful.

*  Every PT session I grab a bottle of water from the fridge there.  So free 8 bottles of water so far and counting. 8-)

*  I hit up Walmart on Wednesday........
I already talked about all this on Thursday.

*  I picked up this lot on Thursday.....



The Life and Cap n' Crunch cereals are on $1.49 special with weekly coupon.  I had bought 2 Life and 1 Cap n' Crunch cereals a couple of weeks ago on clearance for more than those prices so I took those back and rebought all 3 plus one more. lolz  The Goya Mexican pudding was on clearance for $1.79 and I had a $1 Ibotta rebate on that.
The 2 Chobani Creations yogurts were on clearance for .59¢ each and I had a .75¢ rebate for those, making them .43¢ for both.
The Skinny Dipped Almonds were $4.99 with a $1 digital Q and I had a $1.25 Ibotta rebate, a $1.25 KCB plus a manufacturer's rebate for $2.50 so -$1.01 if the KCB comes through(and it did!)
The Good Wipes were $3.69 each but I had two different BOGO rebates, one through Aisle and another through VTAGZ so free for both in the end.
The Kroger brand Hummus snack cups were $2.25 on clearance(cheaper than Aldi's regular price).
I got a Rotisserie Chicken(not pictured) on clearance for $4.05 and I had a .50¢ Ibotta rebate for that making it $3.55.
The Tyson Chicken Strips were on sale for $4.49 after digital Q and Kroger savings.
The Blue Bunny(only 1 pictured)ice cream were BOGO for $4.99.  After Shop Kicks, Scan Kicks and Walk-In Kicks both came to $3.47.
I also picked up a flatbread pizza for Hubs on clearance($3.06)so he can eat something other than a turkey sandwich for lunches this week. lol

All came to $42.64 before rebates/shop kicks of $15.94.  

*  As for Kroger and my KCB account...I'll be calling again later today since cash back still hasn't shown up. ugh  I told them last week I'd be nagging them until I get the KCB I am due.   Otherwise I'll be returning the items in question.

*  We have been using food here and eating all the leftovers.  No eating out so far this week and I've kept Hubs on his low fiber diet while I've had lots of salads and veggies.


*  I found money!

I found these two pennies in Walmart last Friday when I went to pick up a prescription(which was free btw).


I found this very out of focus penny in the parking lot of that same Walmart.



I found this penny sitting on a chair in the PT waiting room on Tuesday.  Strange to find it on a chair seat.



Then I found this dime next to a self-checkout machine in Kroger on Tuesday.  Good find!



This penny was found in the Walmart parking lot on Wednesday.


And this penny was found next to the curb at Kroger when I was walking to the store from the car.

Total Found last week.... .16¢ 

Grand Total Found this Year.......$4.71 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy     


 

3 comments:

  1. Kroger finally had some good deals with their buy 3, save $2 each sale. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter was $.29 after Ibotta rebate. A plug in bug catcher was a $1.01 money maker after coupon and Ibotta. And I cleared the shelf of $1.99 Daiya cheese.

    Even better was Zima’s trip to the vet yesterday. Her blood sugar has been low so we’re tapering off her insulin over the next three weeks. Then we take her off for a month and test again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for clearing the shelf on the Daiya "cheese". I got a couple of the ICBINB spray too today.
      That's great news on Zima! I'll cross my fingers she can get off of the med. ;-)

      Delete
  2. So far, so good. She also started a biologic injection for her arthritis but that’s just once a month. Much better than these daily shots.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.