Friday, February 16, 2024

Frugal Friday.....the February 16th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  We had a visitor, again!


Mr./Mrs. Snowy Egret came back yet again since we've had more buckets full of rain here.

*  As for saving money last week at the grocery stores, here are the best deals--

CVS gave me more free money so we wandered in and came out with this lot.........


2 bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide(had a $4 off/2 first aid items Q)and 2 boxes of Special K cereal for Hubs that were BOGO.  After all my free money script I paid $1.35 OOP for all.

I also earned .70¢ back on Ibotta for the cereal so actually .65¢ OOP and that was all LA tax.

Then it was onward to Kroger.......

The sugary cereal was for a donation item and after sale and rebate cost .17¢ per box, the pizza was dinner that night and cost $2.99 after sale and rebate, the fruit splash Ginger Ale was part of a Buy 2 x 12 packs/Get 3 x 12 packs free(making that one .99¢ after the $3 rebate), the Reese's cups were .25¢ each after sale and rebate, the Siete potato chips were .99¢ after sale and rebate, the Granola bars were $1.49 each after sale and rebate and the Cascadian Farms granola were $1.99 per bag after sale and rebate(cheaper than I could make them or buy the private label stuff).


The zero sugar Body Armor drink was .99¢ after coupon, the Crest toothpastes, which were on clearance, were free after various digital Qs, the sponges were also on clearance and the Astepro sinus spray was on clearance for $6.30 and had a Kroger Q for $4 off of it so $2.30 OOP


I also found 2 x 4 packs of Chobani flips for .99¢ on clearance.  I had a $1/2 4 packs Chobani peelie Q so one was free and the other one was .98¢.

*  I used a Zaxby's gift card when I was out shopping to get a chicken sandwich and redeem my Free Chicken fingers offer.  Had those on various days for lunches during the week.  Then on Tuesday after my back injections we picked up Zaxby's for "linner"....I got an Asian Zalad and Hubs got a sandwich meal.  That gift card is depleted now.

*  Zaxby's had a gift card deal the 3 days around Valentine's Day so I bought a $30 gift card and got $5 off that.  I also bought a $150 Lowe's gift card at Dollar General last Friday and got 10% off that.  We can always use a home improvement store gift card living here.

*  Had an eye dr. appointment on Thursday.  Found out a membrane is growing under my new lense after my cataract surgery.  This needs zapping with a laser which was scheduled for 2 weeks from now and Medicare covers it. yay.  More doctor stuff....


*  I found Money!
Nope, skunked again.  I did find a paper clip in the waiting room at the Painful Doctor's office for Hubs who loves him some paper clips and rubber bands. ;-)

Total Found in last Week.... .0¢
Grand Total Found this Year.......$1.16

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   

9 comments:

  1. My Aldi receipt is in my Aldi bag in the car but as I recollect milk was $1.86 for half a gal., Ice cream was 3.68 for a 1.5 qt, , 16 oz of butter was $3.68, and ground beef was $3.58 or maybe it was $3.68 a lb. I love radishes and bought a 15 Oz bag for either $1.68 or $1.86. I also bought eggs but eggs I bought at Target for $1.99 bc I forgot to buy them at Aldi, and bought strawberries at Target for $2.99 that were regularly priced at $4.39 16 Oz. They are from Florida and are delicious! I bought cat food at Target for $14.19 for 13 lbs. I don’t think the cat food was a deal but since I forgot about the cat when I went to SAMS, here we are…. Lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got strawberries last week at Aldi, they were "meh". Kroger has them a bit more expensive this week but I'll pass. I'm not usually a blueberry gal but pints were $1.47 at K this week so I got one for me and one for Hubs(who adores his blueberries). I put mine in yogurt to use them up. I've been craving a cantaloupe but the quality is so inconsistent so here I am....lol

      Delete
  2. I spent $19.80 at Kroger and had a $9.88 rebate from Ibotta. Percentage wise that’s a record for me.

    Strawberries were $1.88 so I picked up the limit of five. I didn’t need anything else so cheap week so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a score! Congrats. Now if only Kroger would reduce the price of salmon to $2 and give me digital Qs for it. lololol

      Delete
  3. Nothing really frugal. Just being careful to only buy what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our doctor pulled out his phone and checked Good RX Gold at other pharmacies than CVS. As Hubby was paying $22 a month for his nasal spray. ENT only does 1 month scripts. Primary found it at Rite Aid and the price we pay for the 3 month script he gave Hubby is the same as the one month script the ENT gave him at CVS. Saved over $54.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was nice of your doc to check on script prices for you. Not many nowadays would take the time to do that. $54 saved is nothing to sneeze at(pardon the pun)! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Your purchase of cereal reminded me to add milk to my grocery list, so thank you. I hope the eye laser thing goes very smoothly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.