Monday, February 19, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Would You Eat These?" Edition.......

Before we left PA in December on the Xmas time trip, we stopped at Ocean State Job Lot because I still had a $50 gift card from a past Christmas present from Hubs I needed to spend for that store.  I saw these potato chips, "Mackie's of Scotland Turkey & Stuffing flavored crisps".  Obviously made for the American market as turkey & stuffing isn't very Scottish. ;-)  This company was taken over by Taylor's but their crisps are still being made.  I see they make a Haggis flavored crisp version.  I would have liked to have tried that one.
What about you?  Would you eat a turkey & stuffing flavored potato crisp/chip?

This is day 253 of the new "way of eating".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Not actively trying to lose right now, just maintaining.  I plan on kicking the weight loss up again in March. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Leftover Kielbasi, Strawberries
2. Monday--Chicken Parm Buitoni Ravioli w/Sauce, Salad or Veggie TBD
3. Tuesday--TV Dinners(I'm having injections in my back so something easy)
4  Wednesday--Maybe Soup if it's still raining and raw here
5. Thursday--Beef Pie
6.  Friday--Leftover Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Broccoli
7. Saturday--Liver and Onions, Gravy, Mashed Taters, Sautéed Cabbage or Harvard Beets

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Leftover Kielbasi, Strawberries
2. Monday--Chicken Parm Buitoni Ravioli w/Sauce, California Mix Veggies
3. Tuesday--a "linner" of Zaxby's Asian Salad
4  Wednesday--Leftovers(me Chicken Sandwich lunch, Strawberries for Dinner)
5. Thursday--Beef Pie
6.  Friday--I had Hummus and Crackers, Hubs had tv Dinner
7. Saturday--Lean Cuisine, Caesar Salad

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
* Chicken Parm Ravioli
*  a bag of California Mix Veggies
*  Ground Beef
*  Liver
*  2 TV Dinners

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 lb. Salmon
*  6 lb. Ground Beef
*  1 Frozen Pizza
*  1 bag of Chicken Tenders
*  1 bag of Fish
*  5 Lean Cuisine TV Dinners

Last week we spent $252.64 on grocery shopping for February. 

Total shopping comes to $640.77 for February.   
There are 10 shopping days left in February.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $125.24 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $50.00 on Shopmium in February.
I've earned $49.00 on Alexa app in February.
I've earned $4.00 on Kroger Cash Back in February.
I've earned $13.29 on TaDa in February.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $3.88 on Aisle.
I've earned 11,435 points on Fetch from food shopping in February.
I've earned 5,335 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in February
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in February.

That is $192.41 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $640.77 of grocery spending so in reality it's $448.36 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count(the ones that give me cash back, not the ones that I turn the points into gift cards, or Alexa that gives me Amazon credit, and count when those points are cashed in).
Just Wow!  Inflation is so NOT under control folks!  So much money spent on food, etc.  Even with using rebate apps/discounts/coupons.  Granted I did some shopping this week with a big donation to a local church's food bank(they take toiletries too like the one back in PA that I use to donate to)but everything I bought for that was either free or bought for pennies on the dollar.

My savings percentage for the last week was 60.82%(great % for the week!)and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 49.20% spent so far.  Almost 50% saved over regular retail prices is a wonderful thing. 8-)

Leftovers going into this week....Rigatoni with Sauce, Beef Pie, Ravioli, Roast Chicken, Garlic Bread.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Ravioli, Green Beans, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--leftover Rigatoni(me), Chicken Enchiladas(Hubs)
3. Tuesday--Chicken Strips, Teriyaki Green Beans
4  Wednesday--leftover Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Chicken Casserole or Fish and Cole Slaw
6.  Friday--Chicken Casserole or Fish and Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Cheese Burgers(bun optional), Carrots?

I'll use some of the leftover Roast Chicken to make the filling for Enchiladas and the rest of the Chicken will go into a Casserole(maybe). ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    

12 comments:

  1. We had hamburgers, and lo and behold the kid ate homemade teriyaki chicken and rice! He apparently will eat chicken thighs with the skin on but won’t touch boneless skinless chicken. That is ok! For breakfast on the weekend, I fixed him strawberries with milk and sugar, scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast. I will probably fix a hamburger, cheese, onion and rice homemade concoction, and we will probably eat grilled cheese and soup for a couple of days because I am having oral surgery tomorrow morning. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m still eating the fake beef and noodle soup from last week. It filled a Dutch oven up to the top so there’s quite a bit left.

    The fancy flat bottom taco shells were a manager’s special so I’ll make salsa and taco stuff this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than shopping from your pantry, shopping the deals to fill out your menu is the way to do it.
      I made enchiladas today for Hubs so we'll have that leftover. I have never been a big fan of tacos(other than taco salad)but I do love me a Chimichanga. Mmmm not I'm getting hungry for one. lol

      Delete
    2. Tacos aren’t my favorite either but Dave was so excited about the flat taco shells. He knows I’d only buy store brand regular ones so snatched up two boxes. 😀

      Delete
  3. A hard No to the Haggis chips. My childhood friend is married to a Scotsman, so I know exactly what it is. I'll try the turkey one though. I'm used to meat flavored chips. I'd like to get my hands on some lamb mint (UK) chips or should I say crisps...lol I haven't used that word since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Haggis in Edinburgh last Spring(with there were other components to the dish and a nice sauce too)and I don't see why everyone hates it. It's not something I'd want to have on a regular basis, but still....
      I'd try lamb mint crisps at least once too. lol

      Delete
    2. I wish Ms Gee had not mentioned lamb mint chips for now I know of their existence, and I cannot get my hands on some.

      Delete
  4. I would try the chips for sure. Then decide if I’ll eat them or not. 😂 some chips are not worth the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have to be a very bad chip indeed for me not to eat some. The worst are the ones with no flavor, not the odd flavored ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy trying different flavored chips. Some are very good, some are not worthwhile. I'd try turkey & stuffing, but not haggis. I, too, know what that is...

    If you don't already know of it, here's a lovely poem:

    https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/horace-by-monty-python/

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I saw those I would buy them and at least try them. I am with Ur-spo. It would have to be pretty bad for me not to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came from the grocery store where they had Keogh's Thick Cut Irish Potato Chips--"Roast Turkey and Secret Stuffing" seasoned. ON SALE. So of course I had to buy and try. Strictly in the name of science, people.

    Turkey flavor? Not that I can detect.
    Poultry seasoning/stuffing flavor? Yes.
    Good? Yep. It's in the top 50% of chips I've tried.
    Will I buy again? Nah. I try new flavors; don't buy regularly.
    Does it make me want to try haggis chips? Aw hell no.

    Might be fun to compare these to the Mackie's Scottish brand...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.