Monday, February 5, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....February 5th Edition

The "I am Losing Weight Too Fast!!" Edition.....  



Leaving my Neurology appointment at check out I glanced down at the After Visit Summary they give you and saw that I had dropped a substantial amount of weight since walking into the clinic! lolz
Yeah, I haven't seen 108 lbs. since I was 13 years old. ;-)  And they got my height wrong as well....sigh.

This is day 239 of the new "diet".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Not actively trying to lose right now, just maintaining.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Zaxby Zalad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers(bun optional), Baked Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
4  Wednesday--Salmon, Stir-Fry Veggies
5. Thursday--Soup and Sammies or ?
6.  Friday--???
7. Saturday--Whatever is easy or Hubs makes

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Linner of Zaxby Zalad
2. Monday--Leftover Cheeseburgers(no bun), Baked Sweet Tater Wedges
3. Tuesday--Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
4  Wednesday--Salmon, Stir-Fry Veggies
5. Thursday--Hubs had Meatloaf tv dinner and I had a Teriyaki Chicken Lean Cuisine
6.  Friday--Linner at Cracker Barrel in MS(Fish Fry, Cole Slaw and Okra for me)
7. Saturday--Power was out again so we went to the local Pizza Joint for a Muffaletta Pizza.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 Meatloaf tv dinner
*  1 Lean Cuisine dinner
*  1 bag Stir-Fry Veggies
*  2 Small packages of Salmon

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 Meatloaf tv Dinners
*  5 Lean Cuisine tv Dinners
*  NY Texas Toast
*  4 Smart One Chicken Enchilada tv Dinners
*  1 pack of Burritos(for Hubs)
*  Birdseye Garlic Shrimp Family Meal
*  PF Chang Beef Broccoli

Last week we spent $159.84 on grocery(dog food, paper products, toiletries, etc.)shopping for February. 

Total shopping comes to $159.84 for February.   
There are 24 shopping days left in February.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $72.54 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $12.50 on Shopmium in February.
I've earned $19.00 on Alexa app in February.
I've earned $0.00 on Kroger Cash Back in February.
I've earned $2.70 on TaDa in February.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $0 on Aisle.
I've earned 1,170 points on Fetch from food shopping in February.
I've earned 1,485 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.

That is $87.74 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $159.84 of grocery spending so in reality it's $72.10 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 36.17% and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 36.17% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week....1 portion of Salmon.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken n' Dumplings
2. Monday--Liver and Onions w/Corn, Mashed Taters
3. Tuesday--Salad
4  Wednesday--Roasted Chicken, Stuffing, Veg
5. Thursday--Soup and Rolls or Grilled Cheese
6.  Friday--Beef Pie
7. Saturday--Whatever is easy or Hubs makes

I have 2 x $3 off $3 deli meat/cheese Qs from Kroger I must use this week and there are a few things/deals I want to pick up but nothing earth shattering.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    

5 comments:

  1. I particularly like the meal plan "whatever is easy or Hub makes"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that statement aloud to Tommy. PParsimony

      Delete
    2. So, you weigh more than 108? You are taller than 5' 1"? Whatever you are doing well. For the third night in a row, I am having chopped chicken breast with bbq sauce on top, green beans, and slaw. I love it. There are other things ready to eat, but Tommy can have that. If he ever gets out the ground beef, we will have spaghetti for a few days.

      Delete
  2. Have you shared anywhere, maybe I missed it, what prompted this life change to get the problem under control?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.