Monday, September 6, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "I Have to Cook Again, Blahs!" Edition...


One of the best things about the weeklong cruise was NOT having to meal plan or cook anything.  It was lovely.  The only effort was deciding where to eat and picking out what to eat. lol
I had this sort of breakfast a few times-scrambled eggs(not from powdered!)a piece of bread w/orange marmalade, thin crisp bacon and cantaloupe(2 pieces).  I have to say they had some of the best fruit on this cruise, especially the 'loupe.
Now it's back to real life dang it! ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Nothing
2. Monday--Nothing
3. Tuesday--Nothing
4. Wednesday--Nothing
5. Thursday--Nothing
6.  Friday--Nothing
7. Saturday--Nothing

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Whatever you could scrounge up.
2. Monday--Kielbasa sandwiches, some frozen veggies(don't remember what)
3. Tuesday--Domino's Pizza, Watermelon
4. Wednesday--FFY(I had a PBJ sammie)
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out and Watermelon
6.  Friday--Steak, COC, Caesar Salad(I just had the COC)
7. Saturday--BLTs, Watermelon

We got home at 1:03am EDST on Sunday morning from the airport.  It took me 3 days to adjust to the time zone change and to get my brain working on a meal plan again. ugh.  We had no fresh produce except for a plethora of tomatoes in the garden and 1 sad cucumber.  In order to have BLTs I had to get to the grocery store for bread.  Unfortunately I found much more food to buy besides bread. lol

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 pack of chicken/apple sausage
* 1 Cab Round Steak

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 1 lb. of Pepper Bacon
* 2 Steaks
*  1 pack of Kielbasa

I spent $1232.82 on food/toiletries/HBA last week at Walmart.  This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $122.82 for September so far. 

There are 24 shopping days left in September.

I've earned $50.37 on Ibotta in September.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in September.
I've earned $3.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in September.
I've earned $3.50 from Aisle.
I've earned 7740 points from shopping on Fetch in September which equals $7.74.
I've earned 6,025 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in September which equals $24.10.
I've earned 12,367 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in September which equals $12.36.

That's $56.87 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $122.82 in grocery spending so in reality it's $65.95 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count until I cash out on the other three apps. 8-)))

My savings percentage for last week was 38.26(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for September and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 38.26%.(w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week....nothing.  Oh gosh, I have to cook a LOT! lolz

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Spaghetti w/Chicken Meatballs, Salad, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself or Take-out Subs
3. Tuesday--Lobster, COC
4. Wednesday--Cook-out Foods
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Green Beans
6.  Friday--BLTs
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Lobster obviously.  And I'll need to either make bread or hit the bread store and buy corn on cob.  Might hit a produce stand too depending on if I have the energy to make and can my pepper relish this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



 

10 comments:

  1. I read about a man who lived on a cruise ship as his permanent residence. He and his wife like going on cruises, so when she died he took up permanent residence. You were trying to decide where to move, so maybe you have found that place where someone will cook for you and you can pick and choose the food you want. Now, I need scrambled eggs, so I will make those since it is 1 pm and I have not had breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept telling Kim to help me smother Hubs with a pillow so I could be a widow and live on that ship! She was NOT helpful. lolz

      Delete
  2. Bailey said the fruit was the freshest on her cruise too. She also loved the shrimp cocktail. Your menu sounds delicious, Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I had to eat was top notch....well except a dessert I though was cheesecake but that's on me. I had a reaction to some black olives one night...they had some kind of flavoring(oregano or rosemary?). Just didn't sit well on my stomach but I was fine.

      Delete
  3. So glad you had fun on the cruise! Do they still have the buffets, or have they had to cancel them due to covid?
    That time change is rough, but glad you have adjusted. Enjoy your lobster, and I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have buffet restaurants since everyone has to be vaccinated plus gets tested at the dock before boarding and they are constantly cleaning.
      4 hour time diff. is a bit rough....lol

      Delete
  4. I think it would be wonderful beyond belief to have every single thing I ate all week prepared by someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I have to cook and really as a retired chef I should want to cook right??? But boy do I understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ate so much fruit on that cruise and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found 11 bags of Gardein sweet and sour pork bites on clearance for $.99 so I foresee stir fry. It doesn’t sound good at the moment though so pot pie is in the oven.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.