Monday, September 13, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "Felt Ambitious(Sort of)" Edition...



I thought I'd try to replicate the cruise entreé of Pecan Crusted Salmon from the cruise ship I had one night.  I took a hunk of salmon out of the freezer and found a recipe and I got the taste pretty close.  Of course it would have tasted better if I hadn't had to cook it and has it served to me on a cruise ship instead. lol
I served said salmon with home grown green beans sautéed in a little teriyaki sauce.  It was a yin/yang of flavors meal. 

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Spaghetti w/Chicken Meatballs, Salad, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself or Take-out Subs
3. Tuesday--Lobster, COC
4. Wednesday--Cook-out Foods
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Green Beans
6.  Friday--BLTs
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Spaghetti w/Chicken Meatballs, Salad, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Burger King(I had a chicken sandwich and watermelon.)
3. Tuesday--Pecan Crusted Salmon, Teriyaki Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Lobster, COC
5. Thursday--BLTs
6.  Friday--BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Chicken Quesadillas, Strawberries

I got a deal on a pork butt last week so smoked it, putting 2 bags/meals worth in the freezer for Winter eating.  The pork tenderloin sammies move to this week since they didn't happen last week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 pack grilled chicken strips
* Tomatoes from garden
* Broccoli crowns

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* Chicken Meatballs
* Salmon

I spent $59.64 on food/toiletries/HBA last week at Walmart, Target and Weis.  This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $182.46 for September so far. 
Wednesday's lobster meal was our meal out substitute so I am not counting that spending in grocery but in eating out budget.

There are 17 shopping days left in September.

I've earned $112.85 on Ibotta in September.
I've earned $3.30 on Checkout51 in September.
I've earned $4.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in September.
I've earned $4.50 from Aisle.
I've earned 2490 points from shopping on Fetch in September which equals $2.49.
I've earned 8,120 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in September which equals $32.48.
I've earned 13,310 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in September which equals $13.31.

That's $124.65 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $182.46 in grocery spending so in reality it's $57.81 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count until I cash out on the other three apps. 8-)))

My savings percentage for last week was 61.44%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for September and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 48.40%.(w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week....1 helping of bbq, filling for 1 quesadilla, some grilled chicken breast(for chicken salad or on top of a salad for a lunch),some salad greens and tomatoes for days and days. ;-)

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chinese Take-out
2. Monday--FFY
3. Tuesday--Pork Tenderloin Sammies, Broccoli
4. Wednesday--Subs
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing.  I'll be out of town half the week and Hubs will be left to his own devices.  I'll make a pot of spaghetti sauce out of some of the garden bounty to leave him to use as he sees fit and as long as the bacon holds out he'll be eating BLTs too.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



 

3 comments:

  1. You said “Pork butt” *snicker*

    Sassybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow managed to get a bunch of iBotta bonuses + grocery store sales/rewards to work together. Unlike you, this never happens for me. I managed to earn $55 in iBotta rewards last week, which is unheard of. Typically, I get about $1-2. It was definitely not the norm, but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks pretty darn close and now I want it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.