Friday, September 10, 2021

Frugal Friday 2021.....the September 10th Edition

 I've been gone all day running errands and I am bushed!  So this will be a brief Frugal report.

*  We cooked/ate at home all week, except for Labor day.  Tried to use a gift card for Subway but they had the nerve to be CLOSED on Monday! humph  So Hubs got us Burger King and forgot to use the gift card.  #fugalfail

*  I did a teeny tiny bit of shopping to finish off some Ibotta rebates this week at Walmart and Rite-Aid(as always the R-A stuff cost me "nada").

*  I got a bunch of food bank stuff gathered but didn't get it up to the church where it's housed.  I suppose I'll dump it all into Hubs car before I take off for Virginia next week.

*  I jumped on a great deal with NCL and Hubs and I are off on another cruise in December to the Caribbean mon!  Ok, so it's not that frugal but we did get 4 extras and the flights to Miami thrown in so I'm calling this a win. ;-)

*  We only needed to use the a/c 1 day last week, and all laundry was done during off peak hours so the electric bill will be lighter in September(maybe). 

* I found money!

Last Friday these 3 pennies were next to my car in the parking lot of Walmart.


On Tuesday I found this dime under my self-checkout at the Walmart in the town South of here and the penny in the foyer as I was leaving the store.

Money Found This Week... .14¢
Money Found This Year.....$15.13


What frugal wins did you have this week?
Let us know what went down in your world this past week!

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. No frugal wins, but I did find a quarter at Aldi and a penny in Ollie's parking lot. I guess I beat you this week...lol

    Yay on the cruise deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh another cruise to look forward to, so fun!!!
    While the rest of us are freezing in December, y'all will be sunning on the beaches in the Caribbean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're turning onto a cruiser! They'll send you so many deals you'll be on one a year, but I guess you deserve it. We've only been on Princess in the Caribbean. I'll be curious how you enjoy NCL. That's what our Alaskan cruise was. The kids loved the 24 hour pub but I believe you said that was different because of Covid precautions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cruise? I hope you have as much fun as we had last time. I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ran out of pool stuff and found shock at Rural King for $2.50 per gallon. That and the three remaining chlorine tablets should last the rest of the month. I thought about closing it down soon but we have 91 degree weather in the forecast.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.