Monday, April 26, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "Mother Nature is on Crack Evidently" Edition.......



Last weekend it got into the 70's then two days later it snowed on and off for the next two days and we woke the first morning to a heavy dusting.
It's the end of April for gosh sakes!  I posted on Facebook--Dear Mother Nature,
Stop the drinkin' and the tokin' and for gosh sakes PLEASE go back on your meds!
Signed, Pennsylvania

Onward to the meal planning!
Moving On-
This is what was planned....
1. Sunday--Shrimp and Crab Ravioli in White Sauce, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Caesar Salad w/Chicken Strips
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sweet Potato Wedges, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday-- Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry w/Rice or Noodles
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Tacos or Taco Salad
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Shrimp and Crab Ravioli in White Sauce, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Caesar Salad w/Chicken Strips
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sweet Potato Wedges, Sugar Snap Peas
4. Wednesday--Chinese Take-Out
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Roasted Chicken and Assorted Veggies, Sourdough Bread
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself(I had Hot and Sour Soup)

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out. The tacos and the teriyaki pork stir-fry didn't happen, might move to this week.  Ex-CB came over on Friday so I roasted a chicken and veggies that night instead.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 frozen Pizza

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 1 package of Chicken Strips
* 1 bag of Ravioli
* 3 portions of Salmon
* 1 box of Sugar Snap Peas
* 1 Whole Roaster Chicken

We spent $15617 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week on a trip to the Bread Outlet, the Discount Grocery but the bulk if that was at Walmart. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $415.50 for April so far.   I didn't even darken Weis(PMITA)Markets door last week but I still managed to spend quite a bit. ;-)

There are 4 shopping days left in April.

I've earned $308.62 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $5.00 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $21.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in April.
I've earned 5,622 points from shopping on Fetch in April(haven't submitted all my receipts yet tho)which equals $5.62.
I've earned13,137 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in April which equals $52.54.
I've earned 3,705 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in April which equals $37.05.

My savings percentage for last week was 50.67%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for April and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 62.47%.(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week--1 small piece of Chicken Marsala, some roast chicken and roasted veggies.  I'll need to cook this week.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pizza, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Ham and Beans Soup
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing.  I might finish up my $10 Ibotta bonus this week since I won't have the opportunity/time to do it after this week and before it expires.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



2 comments:

  1. Cold and wet here, so made chicken tortellini soup for supper. It will feed us a couple meals. Your returns from shopping is oretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious, Sluggy. You have earned a lot on Ibotta in April,, that is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.