Sunday, April 4, 2021

2021 Food Spending Report....The March Edition

 

Easter Greetings to y'all if you celebrate the holiday!  It's a quiet day here at Chez Sluggy with just me, the Hubs and the puppies. 8-)


Onward to March's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for MARCH 2021.

I have posted March's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in March.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2-3 eating at home this month). No "kids" under 26. (I don't count all the "freebies" I get at the Discount Outlet in my totals either.)
*****************

CVS
OOP  $2.10
Qs/Ads/ECBs  $12.06
Value  $14.16
Savings 85.17%

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $31.34
Qs/Ads  $54.12
Value  $85.46
Savings  62.33%

OCEAN STATE JOB LOT
OOP  $11.96
Value  $22.96
Savings  47.91%

P and R DISCOUNTS
OOP  $34.36
Value  $78.33
Savings  56.13%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC  $836.75
Value  $836.75
Savings  100%

WALMART
OOP  $80.36
Value  $192.69
Savings  58.30%

WEIS
OOP  $138.05
Qs/Sales  $72.67
Value  $210.72
Savings  56.13%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, CVS at 85.17% and Dollar General at 62.33%.
The worst rate was at Ocean State Job Lot at 47.91%  I'll take that all day long! ;-)
I shopped at 7 different stores in March.

TOTAL Spent in March..........................$317.32
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$351.17
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.........$668.49
TOTAL Savings of ................................52.53%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for March w/R-A...............$317.32
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A..................$1,187.92
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid...$1,505.24
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items....................78.92%

This closes out the March food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into March without much of a plan in terms of stocking up or eating down the stockpile.  I was able to winnow out some old items and use them up(and not replace them).
I was able to spend less than $400(my usual average per month)but I didn't challenge myself to eat from only what we had so March's total spending was more than February's spending but only by about $106.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 6.02% in March 2021 to 78.92% compared to the February's 84.94% savings average.  Down over 6% but still almost at 80% savings is winning in my book. lol

With 3 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $507.19 on food/toiletries in 2021.

2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$824.51
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items....$4764.94
2020 Grand Total Saved..............................$3940.43
2020 Yearly Savings Total.............................82.70%

The average per month amount spent is $274.84 in 2021 so far.

LOOKING AHEAD To April 2021...........
Well I really haven't thought about April yet.  I would like to  continue to try to eat from the pantry/freezer this month and spend less than in April.   If I find a stellar deal on items we use(not including Rite-Aid where I buy "the deals aka the freebies or almost freebies" and pass on what we can't/don't use to the Food Bank, Ex-College Boy and into Giveaways)I will take advantage of those deals still.  With no Holidays in the foreseeable future(4th of July is next?)I don't think the grocery stores will be having many loss leaders until Jume.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in March?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.