Tuesday, December 26, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

* A day late due to the Holiday but here it is anyway.

The "A Satisfying Holiday" Edition--


We've done nothing but eat around here it seems, since the Eldest son has been home.  And what follows eating good food?  A nap of course!
Here is him sacked out on the living room sofa after Christmas Day dinner, just one of many naps that happened the last few days. ;-)

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--
1. Sunday--Veal Parmesan, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings
3. Tuesday--Eat-Out?
4. Wednesday--Chicken Fried Steak, Taters, Gravy, Califlower
5. Thursday--Chicken Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
6. Friday--Pizza, Wings, Veggie Tray
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Veal Parmesan, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings
3. Tuesday--Bob Evans Restaurant(I had a cranberry chicken salad.)
4. Wednesday--Chili and Cornbread
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Lunch out for Daughter's Bday, FFY dinner
7. Saturday--BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw

Last week saw 4 night of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of take-out and 1 night of Eating out.
I make a chili with ground meat and steak chunks in it usually but this past week's rendition I amped it up by putting andouille sausage in as well.  The family loved it!  We had so many leftovers I didn't cook on Thursday as planned or Friday evening.  I pulled out two bags of that pork I smoked back in September and made bbq sandwiches for Saturday.  That was a big hit too.

4 smallish trips to Weis and 1 trip to the Bread Outlet was the extent of the shopping last week and the bill came to $108.87 for all trips.  That brings December's food spending to $437.50.  I am now $37.50 over what I wanted to spend.......but I don't care. lolz  We can spare the $ for good food at the Holidays.
There are 5 more days in my shopping month so let's see if we can keep it under $500 for December.(Not holding my breath. lololz)

My savings percentages last week was 64.87% and the monthly savings so far ends up at 56.60%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......spaghetti and meatballs, chicken and dumplings, chili, bbq pork.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Xmas Eve Chinese Out
2. Monday--Beef Roast, Mac and Cheese, homemade Rolls, Harvard Beets
3. Tuesday--Fried Shrimp(son's choice), Fried Potatoes, CA mix veggies
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Lftovers
6. Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY or ?

This week will see 3 new meals cooked, 3 nights of leftovers, 1 night of Take-out/Eat-Out.

The only thing I need to buy to make these meals is nothing I think.  I picked up 4 lbs. of shrimp last week for the shrimp dinner.  That isn't to say that I won't go to the grocery store however. 8-)  I have more great Qs to get more $1.24 a bag coffee before the sale ends on Wednesday. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. My daughter took a nap on the couch Christmas Day afternoon too. I think I snoozed for a few minutes. Your dinners sound delicious, especially the chili with andouille sausage. I have several ideas spinning around in my head for dinners this week to use up what is in the fridge. My BIL is having us over for dinner tonight, so that is covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I don't plan meals, but I do plan to have food, and I do plan to eat. But, with recovery from the gastrointestinal bug and recovery from the flu, I just existed. When I buy bread, I have turkey sandwich plans. Unfortunately, I bought whole wheat bread and had a bad reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a traditional Chinese take out Christmas Eve meal which means lots of leftovers. Add that our huge Christmas brunch leftovers and I might not have to cook until New Years Day, but I have everything for a chicken pot pie so I am probably going to make that tonight, which will also mean more leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had no quality napping yet! DS will sleep on the plane back to LA, and the rest of us will have an ealy night Wednesday. Yummy menu.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.