Friday, December 8, 2017

Frugal Friday.....December 8th Edition

As the Holidays roll around, being frugal is all about maximizing your savings when you need/want to spend money.
Of course we are also doing all those non-Holiday type things to stay frugal(using electricity off-peak hours, turning off lights when not in a room, not showering every day if we aren't dirty/going out of the house, staying home, running errands together, etc.)but this time of year, it seems to be all about the shopping, doesn't it?
So here are my "wins" this past week............

*  I found a penny in the Rite-Aid parking lot!
No matter how little, found money is free money.  ;-)



*  Among the deals I did this past week at Weis(PMITA)Markets was this one........


These were all part of the Mix and Match/Buy 6/Get $6 instantly Off Deal.
I was able to used Qs on 4 of them and stack Qs on 2 of those so $21.94 sale price-$6 discount-$8 Qs=$7.94 OOP for all 6 items.  The black cherry/chocolate flavor of Enlightened ice cream is really good....at least to me it is. 8-)))

I also picked up 5 Minute Maid OJ cartons(our December OJ purchase)and got another one of these......


$2 off your next purchase(good through 1/5/18).  I now have 4 of these($8 off total)to use for any Weis shopping I do the rest of December.

*  Doing my grocery shopping at Weis I paid with what was left on that Prepaid Visa card I bought at Weis(and earned 20 Points for buying it).  I spent over $50 so now I have 40 Points toward a free meat item/lasagna.  Only 10 more points(spend $50 or refill an rx at Weis will get me to 50 Points).

*  I used Coke codes on caps to get this...........

A $5 Target e-card.
I tried to get a Amazon $5 e-card but am having problems receiving the email with the secret code to claim that prize. ugh.  It's always something, ain't it?

* I don't wait until Christmas to shop for gifts.  Though I don't do as much buying throughout the year I did pick up the bulk of my presents before November hit.  After pulling the "gift box" out of hiding and going through it there were still a few holes to fill so I went online the weekend of Black Friday/Monday to see what I could do about filling those holes.
My order from Kohl's arrived this past week from CyberMonday shopping(the online order I did).......well half of the order did.

Between sale price, discounts and 50% of $8 promotional Yes2Rewards gift I spent $9.62 for both of these flannel shirts.  I LOVE the suggested retail pricing of $35 on these shirts.  Who in the world pays that for a flannel shirt??? lolz

I also got my Daughter a birthday gift(can't mention or show what because she reads this sometimes)and did a store pick-up on that one and we went on Monday to pick that up.  I paid $18.46 on that reg. $29.99 item.  My whole 4 item order(also got myself a shirt)was $53.56 so shipped free and I received $15 in Kohl's cash and a $5 Yes2Rewards for this order so I now had $20 in free script to spend.
So when we were picking up the gift for Daughter that shipped to the store I browsed around and found some more stuff for College Boy........


College Boy said he's put on a little weight so his pants were tight in the waist so I found a pair of nice cargo shorts an inch larger and this nice plaid l/s shirt(in colors he likes/wears)which will come in handy next month when he starts his internship.  Both items were on clearance and after my $20 in script and my 25% off discount code I spent $4.35 OOP.

*  And the total in Plenti Points spent down at Rite-Aid on Wednesday for all these goodies?




$10.93 in Plenti Points.

I spent $55.93 in PPs and earned $45 in new PPs, so $10.93 of my Plenti Points "spent down".  If only they had 6 more Remfresh on the shelves I could have made ALL this as $1.13 moneymaker!
I may return the sinus kit($8.23)and 1 of the toothpastes($3.91).  In that case that's $12.14 off my total PPs spent(neither item gave me new Plenti Points)so we'll have a $1.21 Moneymaker. 8-))

So what did you have in the Frugal Win column this week?

And as always...........


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. I found an interesting "peelie" on a box of frozen pizza bun snacks. I thought it was a coupon but instead it was an invitation to take a survey on the product. For a $20 cash card! What?! I was super stoked on that find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to win the giveaway box.

    merlinsfamily@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazingly good at scoring great deals. Your post are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deals as usual.

    Our bank no longer has coin counting machines, so I cashed my change at the Coinstar machine for a $57 Red Robin gift card.

    Also found a $5 CAT that someone had left behind at the self checkout register I was using.

    I had a great MM CVS deal planned, only to discover that the deal is only next week...lol Yep, planned my trip from next week's ad, so left the store empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to add that I was 4 days shy of using a bottle of Cascade dishwashing liquid for 7 months. I run the dishwasher daily, but only fill a third of the cup with liquid. I normally use 2 bottles per year. I scored these bottles on sale for $2.50 a few years ago, so it only costs me $5 per year. No pricey dishwasher tabs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've gotten rid of pennies up here in Canada. I'd have to find a nickel at least!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ate for practically nothing this week. Beyond milk, I spent about $3 on groceries. That freed up money for Hershey's kisses. JK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zilch in savings. I'm just trying to hold all costs down but no big wins.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.