Saturday, December 2, 2017

Net Worth......December 1st Update



We have gone from acquisition mode with money into spend-down mode since we are now officially retired here at Chez Sluggy.

Our Net Worth will no longer be growing(well that's what I thought going into this phase)so I have to stay on top of what we have and where it sits.
I shared where we keep out money and why in the first Post-Retirement Net Worth post HERE.

So here is how the money did in November......

* Checking Account #1 Went down by $2081.35(life is expensive sometimes)
* Checking Account #2  Went up $86.87(monthly interest & blogging revenue)
* Savings Account  Went down $1.00(monthly fee)
* Online Accounts  Went down $620.22(monthly interest was a lot less than the withdrawals to buy gift cards)
* Certificate of Deposit  Went up $253.69(interest)
* US Savings Bonds  Went up $5.00(interest)
* Cash on Hand  Went up $87
* 401K Account  Went up $2,146.27(monthly interest) We didn't have to tap it in November so it just grew. 8-)
* HSA Account  Stayed the same.  Again we didn't have to tap this account for medical expenses.
* RMSA Account  Went down $1342.46.  The interest earned on this account offset the healthcare premium reimbursement amount by $429.48 so it didn't go down as much as it might have.

Overall we are $1771.94 down from October's Net Worth.  Between the interest on all accounts and income received, weighed against our spending last month,  our holdings sank by the amount of our healthcare premium in November.
Decreasing our wealth holdings is the norm in full retirement but we didn't lose much ground last month so I'll take that as a win.

I am by no means a financial expert but I'll readily share what worked for us on our financial journey if you have questions.

Did you increase your net worth last month?
Do you have a retirement plan in place?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. We are in the accumulating phase still for at least another 9 years. Even if Hubs retires at 62 in 6 year as he intends, I'll still have a minimum of four more years that I intend to work full time. With no kids at home or college to pay by 2024,we easily can cover all our expenses and then some (lord willing) on just my salary. I hope after college years, we are setting aside enough cash to live off of my first few years after I leave the work place. It would be nice leave the retirement as is for a few years. Our big wild card for retirement will be health insurance. I suspect we will have more regular visits with a financial advisor to understand our options better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I increased mine by quite a bit. but shhh don't tell my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done great! No matter how hard we try, we can't spend what is coming in so we have been accumulating the entire time we have been retired. The gains in the stock market alone accumulate so fast the last few years. Yes we are still in the market.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.