Friday, December 22, 2017

My Tomato Vegetable Soup w/Pasta Recipe

By popular demand......


The recipe I used for my Progresso Tomato Vegetable Soup copycat is HERE.

But......
I didn't use vegetable stock, I used chicken stock instead(because that's what I had).
I also subbed puree tomatoes for diced tomatoes and I tripled that ingredient from the recipe, I subbed cut up green beans for the celery hearts as well.
And I doubled the amount of zucchini and tripled the amount of pasta.
Soooo....basically I made up a new recipe. lolz

Progresso copycat Tomato Vegetable Soup with Pasta by Sluggy  8-)))

5 C. chicken stock or broth
1 large can tomato puree
1 C. water
1 C. pasta(small shells)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 1/2 C. green beans
1 1/2 C. carrot slices
2 small zucchini, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 TB.. garlic powder
1 TB EVOO
Salt and Pepper to taste

* sweat onions in EVOO
* Add garlic powder to EVOO/onions to "bloom" for 1 minute or so.
* Add stock, water and tomato puree, to boil.
* Turn down heat to simmer, add any  "fresh veggies" to pot to cook them.
* When fresh veggies are tender, add any canned or frozen veggies.
* Wait 5 minutes, then add pasta, cover and simmer until pasta is done.
* Serve.

--Frozen, Fresh or Canned veggies are all fine.
--If you wish a thinner soup/broth just adjust amount of stock/broth and/or add more tomato puree to taste.


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. By the time I add some ingredients, leave out others, sub others, and double others, I have a product not recognizable as the original. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.