Monday, February 9, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table


The "Lot of Snow and More of the Same on the Way" Edition ........

 
 
This is a shot of my back deck this morning.   It warmed up and rained last night/late yesterday so we did some shoveling.
And then the rain started freezing and came down as sleet and the temperature dropped so we have a nice layer of ice over everything.  And more snow is coming later today/tonight.
Can I move out of here already??


Here's what was planned last week.....................

1.  Pizza(frozen that I doctored up), Salad
2.  Leftovers Fiesta lolz
3.  Lobster Ravioli, Salad
4.  Bean and Ham Soup, Brussels Sprouts
5.  Kielbasa on rolls, Green Beans
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers
 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Pizza(frozen that I doctored up), Salad
2.  Leftovers(I had Chicken & Dumplings)
3.  Leftovers(I had Chicken/Mushroom Risotto, Salad)
4.  Salmon, Potato Salad, Brussels Sprouts
5.  Kielbasa on roll,(I had leftover beans too, hubs had potato  salad)
6.  Lobster Ravioli, Brussels Sprouts
7.  Leftovers(I had a Roast Beef Sandwich, Salad)

Most of the plan happened except for the bean soup.
Poor bean soup. 8-)


Last week I made ZERO trips to grocery stores and spent ZERO OOP.  I did however go to Rite-Aid on Friday and spend .20¢ OOP on $9.58 worth of toothpaste.

My spending for February so far on food/toiletries is $.20 for $9.58 worth of food/toiletries.
I have $249.80 left in my Feb. budget and 19 days to go.

Leftovers going into this week are lasagna, risotto w/chicken and extra alfredo type sauce from when I made the ravioli but that will put into the freezer for later.

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Spaghetti w/meatballs & homemade sauce, Green Beans
2.  Pork chops, Potato Salad(leftover), Carrots
3.  Garlic Ginger Shrimp w/Stir-fry veggies, (rice for Hubs)
4.  Ham & Bean Soup, Salad
5.  Chicken Marsala, Asparagus, (noodles for Hubs)
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers
 
I can almost do this plan without buying anything this week. I do need some veggies for the stir-fry and the asparagus so spending will happen but it won't be much.

The ads this week are again lackluster. Plus the weather forecast is iffy too.  I have to go out at some point this week but it won't be for long, so another week being housebound.

At the end of this week we will have lots of leftovers since all the new meals except for the pork chop meal will generate extras.  Between what we are going into the week with in leftovers and the new leftovers next week's menu will mean very little actual cooking for me.
I'll take it! ;-)
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. In a funk about coking anything can I eat at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week's menus:
    -baked chicken drums, rice pilaf, fzn corn
    -chilli nacho bake, l/o corn
    -CP hot sausage marinara over ziti, fzn Summer squash/zucchini
    -leftovers
    -sheppardess pie wiht lentils
    -leftovers
    -beef barley soup, saltines

    No real deals at the stores here either. I've put myself on a reduced grocery budget until those who owe me the rent/grocery money pay up. Jan is always an eating down the pantry/freezer month and this crappy weather doesn't make me want to drive either. Yet another snow day today, but I welcome it, given the icing and fallling snow. THis also makes me get creative in the kitchen, using up lurkers, making substitutions. Another factor is that we don't know if the LL will rent out next year, she only promised one year. Ideally, we'd stay here, then once the youngest graduate, I'd move regardless to a more affordable town, perhaps buying. I continue to save in the meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are lots of sales, but few of those items are things I buy. The Pig has apples for $0.99/lb. Aldis has blackberries and strawberries very cheap. Of course, the ads come out on Wed, so I will have to buy these by tomorrow night since Wed will bring new ads.

    Tonight, I made a hot chicken salad from memory and got it wrong...sigh. I will have that for tomorrow, too. We ate a green salad with grape tomatoes. There is still lots of chicken for the rest of the week, along with grape tomatoes, green salad, and plenty of fruit. Today, a huge head/stalk of celery went into the chicken salad. Hopefully, celery is loaded with lots of nutrients because I am stuffed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted my grocery prices over on my blog today/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like our bills are just now starting to go down. After DJ left, it seemed like everything stayed the same cost wise. But now it feels like we are cutting back and eating a lot of leftovers. We still cook for an army so the leftovers are really helping me to save. Plus our electric bill is getting lower. Having DJ or the child known as the energy vampire gone helped with that bill. He ran his xbox, tv and computer nonstop.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.