Saturday, February 28, 2015

Live Long & Prosper


Mr. Spock aka Leonard Nimoy went to that great Sci-Fi series in the sky yesterday.

Leonard Nimoy and his alter ego Mr. Spock were idols of my oldest brother, Dennis.  He was a big fan of the original Star Trek tv series.
Dennis styled himself after Mr. Spock, making many of Spock's expressions his own.

Heck, he even had the first album of music Nimoy recorded/released......





And who can forget THIS classic.....hehehe.....




Another hit from the premiere LP.....




Here's an online friend, Pam, posing for me last July, beside a giant Vulcan hand with Spock's famous quote carved into it during our day out in IL.......


For you young folks who weren't around for the Golden Era of Star Trek, you may have "seen" Mr. Spock on the "Big Bang Theory".......




Here is Nimoy's reading of "Desiderata".  I'd like to dedicate this one to fellow blogger, Wayne the "Cajun", who lost his battle with illness and left us on Feb. 17th.  The world is just a little bit less for him not being in it any longer.......




And I'll leave you with Mr. Nimoy's fun version of the Bruno Mars hit, "The Lazy Song".
Enjoy!

 


See you in the Heavens Mr. Spock.....

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. sad to hear he had died. That was a funny video, he had a sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had just the right amount of everything -- what a great tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sad when I heard that Leonard Nimoy had died. I have loved him since I was 10 or years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following Wayne's blog. I'm sorry to hear he passed away. I hope it was a peaceful one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was in hospice so I am sure they kept him comfortable. It's funny though that he took his last breath as Mardi Gras was dawning.....I am sure he had a grand old time crossing over then. He was a kind soul.

      Delete
  5. When that first album was released, I actually went to see LN in person at Kleins in Yonkers NY. I was maybe 8 or 10 years old? My aunt took me. She bought me the record, but I was too shy to get an autograph from him. Over the years, the record album went missing, got tossed, or whatever. Two things I'll always regret. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. My brother would have been in orbit(see what I did there?)if he had ever gotten to meet LM! He was 16 in 1967 when that album was released.
      I am sure if Dennis still had that album when he died that my other brother has it somewhere in the mountain of his crap. lol
      Too bad you didn't get that autograph....

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.