Monday, February 2, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table


The "The Groundhog is a Liar!" Edition ........

 
 
 
The Groundhog out in Punxsutawney LIES!!!  How on earth can he see his shadow in weather like this!  We've had no sunshine in a week.  He's lying or drunk, take your pick.....
Week 2 of snowy days and nights.
Not.
A.
Fan.

Here's what was planned last week.....................

1.  Leftovers(I had soup, hubs had hot dogs)
2.  Risotto with Chicken & Mushrooms  
3.  Leftover BBQ, Coleslaw
4.  Chicken & Dumplings, Carrots
5.  Bean and Ham Soup, Brussells Sprouts
6.  Tuna Noodle Casserole, Veggie
7.  Leftovers
 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Leftovers(I had soup, hubs had hot dogs)
2.  Risotto with Chicken & Mushrooms  
3.  Leftover BBQ, Coleslaw
4.  Chicken & Dumplings, Carrots
5.  Chinese Take-out
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers

I didn't feel well so Hubs got Chinese take-out one night(I had Egg Drop Soup)and with so many leftovers the Bean/Ham Soup and the Tuna Casserole didn't happen yet.

Last week I made 2 trips to 1 grocery stores here(just to get some deals) and spent $47.03 on $109.49 reg. retail worth of food.

My spending for January on food is $311.59 for $1202.64 worth of food/toiletries.(Counting Rite-Aid.)
Didn't make my $250 budget goal but a lot less than my usual $400 per month spending.

Leftovers going into this week are barbecue, coleslaw, lasagna, risotto w/chicken, chicken & dumplings, eggplant parm(that I found lurking in the back of the fridge that Hubs didn't finish while I was in VA).

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Pizza(frozen that I doctored up), Salad
2.  Leftovers Fiesta lolz
3.  Lobster Ravioli, Salad
4.  Bean and Ham Soup, Brussells Sprouts
5.  Kielbasa on rolls, Green Beans
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers

The poor Bean and Ham Soup. 
If the leftovers hold out the soup may not make this week's line-up either.
 Can you tell I am not a big fan of this dish. 8-)
 
I can do this plan without buying anything this week.  With this week's weather forecast I might not even get a chance to go to the grocery store either.  Maybe Winter will keep me out of the stores. ;-)

 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, it's Feb 3rd and it's 39 degrees here in Lower Alabama. Not the warm winter I traded my big house and good job in PA for. The only thing missing is the snow, so no snow days either. Just friggin cold like an endless PA November. I hate it! Should have picked Florida instead.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.