Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Shopping Day

I lead such an exciting life--grocery shopping, Rite-Aid shopping, gas station, bank.
Rinse and repeat every week mostly.

After the snow passed this morning, I headed out under sunny yet cold skies.

First off Rite-Aid...........


2 x Irish Spring Gear Body Wash on sale=$6.98
2 x Dove Men's Body Wash on sale=$8.00
1 x Vaseline lotion on sale=$2.99
SubTotal......$17.97

Coupons Used
2 x $2/1 In-Ad Q=$4.00
2 x $2/1 Irish Spring Gear IPQ(coupons dotcom)=$4.00
1 x $2/1 Dove Men's Body Wash MANUQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Dove Men's Body Wash IPQ(NLA)=$1.00
1 x $1.50/1 Vaseline CatalinaQ(no size restriction)=$1.50
Coupon Total.....$12.50

$17.97-$12.50=$5.47 + .02¢tax=$5.49

After Qs the Irish Spring Gear is -.51¢ each bottle, so make sure you have other items in your transaction to cover the overage.

I used $5 in +Up Rewards and paid .49¢ OOP.
I received back $4 in new +Ups($2 wyb2 Dove Men's, $2 Vaseline).
And the Catalina machine spit out another Vaseline Q.....


Can you say more free Vaseline? ;-)


$27.85 in items brought home.
.49¢ spent OOP.
$4 in new +Ups

*****************************************

Then it was off to Weis(PMITA)Market to earn another $10 oyno Catalina Q......


10 x Maxwell House coffee on sale=$29.90
1 x Velveeta skillet meal on sale=$2.00
1 x Special K crackers on sale=$1.87(for .87¢ after Q I'll try them)
Total.............$33.77

There was a $1/1 Peelie Q on the crackers which made my total $32.77 OOP.

I received another $10 oyno CatalinaQ for buying the coffee and skillet box meal........


Savings rate of 26%(before getting the $10 Cat).
$44.38 in products.


Then I went back inside and spent one of my 4 $10 oyno Cats......



3 x Gorton's grilled fish 50%off=$9.97
4 x 8 o'clock coffee BOGOFree=$10.98
SubTotal........$20.95

When you buy 3 Gorton's items in 1 transaction you also get $2 Instant Discount, making my total $18.95 at this point.
Then there are the coupons I used.........
2 x .75¢/1 Gortons grilled itemsIPQ(doubled to $1)=$2.00
1 x .50¢/1 Gorton's grilled item ManuQ(doubled to $1)=$1.00
2 x $1.50/1 8 o'clock coffee IPQ=$3.00
Coupon Total........$6.00

$18.95-$6.00=$12.95
I used the $10 off CatQ so my OOP was $2.95.
That's a 92% savings rate.
$41.93 in products.

The 8 o'clock coffee bags were $3.99 for 2.
The fish cost me $1.66 per box.
But after using the $10 Cat it came to $2.95 for all.

Weis Totals--
Total spent.....$35.72
Total products...$86.31
A 58.62% savings rate combined.
And $10 Cat for free stuff next time.

Weis has turkey breast for .98¢ lb. this week and I will buy as many as I can fit in the freezer this week.
I'll go back for more 8 o'clock coffee(as I have more Qs), some smoked sausage($1.50 a pkg. after sale/Q)and canned tomatoes(.55¢ a can after sale/Q) plus a few more things.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. More awesome deals! Would love to find turkey breasts @ 99/lb. I just cooked my last whole bird, no breasts left either. My freezer has plenty of room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life seems a little more exciting than mine, at this point. Mine consists of limiting the amount of Captain Crunch I consume, deciding whether to wash my hair on the current day or put it off until the next day, and praising myself for decluttering my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a turkey in the kitchen freezer taking up room and another in the big freezer. However, another half dozen turkey breasts would feed me until the end of the year. Since I have a crockpot, cooking a breast would not produce too much heat in the summer. Since I still have not looked at the Sunday ads, this may be my to-do today.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.