Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mail & Shopping

I got some happy mail this week.


The rebate for the purple crockpot I bought at Kohl's last November and the more than full price rebate on the Delsym cough syrup I bought at Rite-Aid around the same time.
I was only expecting a $13.49 rebate on the Delsym since I used a $1 off Q and spent $13.49 total, but they sent the full $14.00.





Then I finally got out to do some errands and to buy groceries on yesterday........this is the 1st grocery shopping I've done in February.

I spent $61.77

1 reduced sodium soy sauce
2 cans water chestnuts
1 bag frozen mushrooms
1 head cauliflower
2 red bell peppers
1 pack grape tomatoes
1 box salad greens
1 bag salad greens 50% sticker
1 bag shredded carrots
1 bag collards 50% sticker
1 pack bagels 50% sticker
1 pack onion rolls 50% sticker
1 bag Thomas' bagels
2 containers Philly cream cheese
1 container ground pork 50% sticker
6 packs of bacon

I also got 4 jugs of laundry detergent.....



Everything was on sale or had a discount sticker on it.
Buying the Thomas' bagels and 1 cream cheese(both on sale too)got me an instant $1.50 off.
I bought 2 cream cheeses and used a Philly $1/2 Q and a .55¢/1(doubled to $1) Thomas Q, so $7.50 on those 3 items-$2=$5.50-$3 instant discount=$2.50 for all three.

The OM bacon was BOGO plus it was a "Spend $40/Get $10 Catalina Deal.  $50.94 reg. retail before sale/deal, $25.47 was spent OOP on all 6 and I got the $10 off YNO CatQ so $2.58 a lb. after everything.



The Arm & Hammer detergent was $1.87 and there are $2/2 ManuQs and IPQs(coupons dotcom), so each one cost 87¢.

*On a side note, I am considering keeping what I spend on items for the food bank separate from my monthly food budget for the family.
I want to try to make more of an effort to take products to the local food bank in 2015.  though I plan on spending very little with the deals for the food bank it would still take away some $ from the budget and the things I buy to use.
I'll have to think about this some more.

$121.47 worth of goods for $61.77 + $10 of free food on my next trip.
Savings rate of 49.15%.  8-)

Then it was off to Rite-Aid, of course!
I had $6 in +Up Rewards to use before Saturday.


2 x Tresemme 'Poo on sale=$7.98
1 x Mitchum 'Deo(raincheck)=$2.99
2 x Puracyn Food Wash(raincheck)=FREE
2 x R-A Ibuprofen(raincheck)=$1.34
3 x Diet Coke 12-packs on sale=$12.00
SubTotal........$24.31

Coupons Used
2 x $2/1 Tresemme ManuQ=$4.00
1 x $2/1 Mitchum ManuQ=$2.00
3 x Free Coke 12-packs mailed Qs=$12.00
Coupon Total......$18.00

$24.31-$18.00=$6.31
I used my $5 +Ups and the $1 Catalina(from the DiGiorno pizza deal)and paid .31¢ OOP.

I received back $4 in new +Ups Rewars($1 wyb 3 coke 12-packs, $3 wyb2 Tresemme).
I'm down to $8 in +Ups now.
$63.16 worth of goods brought home for .31¢.
Nice.

Now I'm off to get the federal taxes all printed off, collated, checked so we can sign them tonight and mail them tomorrow.

Sluggy
 

7 comments:

  1. Maybe the food bank items could go under charity spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wouldn't make my own laundry detergent if I could find a steal like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to give to a local food bank as well. They do not have corporate sponsors and serve a great number of people. They are a wonderful organization. We do not keep ours separate, but eventually I would like to, especially for tax reasons. I don't do it for taxes however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you come over and do my shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time you come to see me, I'm having you go through our flyers. Maybe I'm doing it wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you itemize your taxes and keep receipts, it would be beneficial in the long term to separate your food bank purchases from your regular grocery budget. Even if the actual spending is not great, it all adds up at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to find a deal on bacon. It has been SO long since we have had bacon.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.