Sunday, July 6, 2014

Well So Much for That!

Never mind about my camera healing itself.
It started acting up again.

There is no factory reset button.
I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.
I've tried taking the memory card out and putting it back in.
I've tightened a couple of screws holding the camera together.

I took this shot......

 

Then I turned it off and on again, and it behaved for this shot......


And then it was back to this.....


Nice shade of green , right?

Either it's possessed, bi polar and just giving up the ghost slowly.

Sigh....I guess I'll be going out to buy a camera in the next couple of days.

So if you know camera stuff, let me know what you'd recommend in the $100-$200 range for a point and shoot camera with at least 10X optical zoom.
Bonus points if the camera is purple......8-)))

Sluggy
 

7 comments:

  1. I think you need to take your dog to the vet. LOL, the poor thing isn't right.
    I know nothing about cameras but it looks like you will be buying one in your future. Yes, I'm a fortune teller and you owe me $50 for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, that's no fun! :( I'm no advice, unfortunately, but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my digital cameras, well, all my cameras have been Kodak. I think mine is an M570 with 14 or 15 somethings. I believe it came in purple, but Kodak quit making cameras. You can find new ones and refurbished ones on the Kodak site and on eBay and other sites. That is the best information I have. Oh, the video capabilities is wonderful. I only made one video and the sound was extraordinary. I just don't know how to post the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My camera was acting up (kept telling me I needed new batteries when I had just replaced the batteries) so I found a Canon Powershot A1400 for around $90 in March or April. It has 5x zoom and 16 megapixel. Check out your local Staples (where I got mine) they often have good cameras for a reasonable price.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://smile.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX170-Digital-Red/dp/B00EFILSOU/ref=sr_1_8?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1404720110&sr=1-8&keywords=canon+powershot+camera

    I have this camera on my wish list. It's red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I bought a camera, I had one requirement. It had to take regular batteries. I think the guy in Radio Shack was trying not to laugh at me. Seriously, last camera required a special battery that was over $12 on sale and that is about enough to kill a frugalista. I bought the only camera in radio shack that operated on 2 double A batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to recommend Powershot too, but make sure you get the IS models (image stability). They make things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.