Thursday, July 31, 2014

Welcome Home! Really?!?


When I got home last week some mail was waiting for me.

Both were from my good friends at State Farm......


       A $1,200+ car insurance bill.  It's $1,600 but after #1 Son kicks in his part it's only $1,269.20.



   And the homeowner's insurance bill of $634.00


Then a letter arrived for #2 Son the next day.......

       His college bill for the 1st semester.

I told him, "Hey!  They addressed it to YOU....me and your dad's names aren't anywhere on this thing, so I guess YOU get to pay it.  How much do you owe them anyway??



   $10,729.00 minus the housing deposit of $125.00 I already paid.

YIKES!

The moral of the story--Sometimes it doesn't pay to go home! 8-(

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a bunch of hits all at once!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy! I hope college gets him a good job in order to pay this off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Gotta hate when that happens... those are some serious bills! :( For a second I thought you were going to say that PA also magically increased their rates for car insurance. Mine went up by $10/mo because of "increased healthcare cost" blah blah blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I feel a lot better about MY bills now!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.