Friday, November 27, 2009

A Weis Quickie....

Ok, I lied....I went shopping on Black Friday!
I went to the...... 





Grocery Store!lol
A quickie at WEIS today....




5 x Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix Pouches on sale $1=$5.00
2 x Bisquick on sale $1.50=$3.00
4 x Mentos Gum on sale $1=$4.00
SubTotal=$12.00

Coupons Used
1 x $1 off your order instantly WYB 2 Bisquick=$1.00
1 x $1/2 Bisquick Peelie from one of the boxes=$1.00
4 x $.55/1 Mentos ManuQ doubled up to $1=$4.00
Coupon Total=$6.00

$12-$6=$6.00 OOP

EXCEPT....there is a deal on Tropicana/Quaker Brands-Buy 5 & Get $3 off your Order.  This is suppose to come off the transaction at the end(for the Pancake Mixes I bought), but it didn't.  So I paid and no Catalina either(though the wording in the ad didn't say it was a Catalina Deal).  So I haul over to CS and they know already as someone this morning didn't get their $3 off either.  So they are giving out $3 Catalina Rainchecks....weird, but it's good for 30 days so I can hold onto it a bit longer if I have to, to roll it into a new Catalina Deal.

So this transaction should have been $3 OOP after that $3 off.
Sigh.
Has anyone else out there tried this $3 off deal and had it work properly?
Please let me know, as I want to know if it is suppose to come off the transaction when you buy the items or if a Catalina is generated by the purchase.
Just a heads up if you plan on buying anything in this Cat Deal.

I hadn't planned on buying the Bisquick but there was a $1 Off WYB2 Deal, it was on sale for $1.50 also AND there were $1/2 Peelies on the boxes, making them $.50 a box! ($3-$2=$1 for 2)
I know I don't NEED this Bisquick after getting all that FREE FLOUR AT ACME but these will be good for tucking into Breakfast Gift Baskets for Christmas.

And if you do the math, buying the 2 boxes of 20 oz. Bisquicks are a better deal, at $1.00 for 2 than the 5 pouches of 6 oz. Aunt Jemima Mix, at $2.00 after the Instant Discounts.  40 oz. @$1 vs. 30 oz. @ $2.
Stick to the Bisquick for frugalities sake. ;-)

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.