Monday, November 2, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....November 2nd...Baking Recipes!


Last Week's Menu Postmortem...

We are averaging 5 out of 7 meals going as planned most weeks, it seems, on the menu.  Again, the Tacos and the Ham and Bean Soup didn't happen last week so they once again, carry over to this week.  Such is life with 1 child working and the other one in an active Band program most evenings.  The day falls apart right around 3pm and by 5pm, all bets are off!lolol

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week....

MONDAY--Tacos(freezer/stockpile-except for the lettuce)
TUESDAY--Date Night...Kids will fend for themselves or have leftovers
WEDNESDAY--Brioche French Toast w/Caramelized Bananas, Bacon and Fresh Fruit Salad
THURSDAY--Ham and Bean Soup(freezer), Cornbread
FRIDAY--Rigatoni with Meat Sauce(freezer/stockpile), Salad
SATURDAY--Italian Chicken(freezer),Baked Sweet Potatoes(Root Cellar), Green Beans(freezer)
SUNDAY--Dublin Coddle **A recipe from my friend McVal over at SEW NOT MY DAY!
SNACKS/DESSERTS--Fresh Fruit and the snacks as listed below.

I am taking part in the Tuesday Baking Day tomorrow.  Here is what I'll be making....
Pumpkin Bread(My variation on this recipe)double batch-will freeze half,
Pumpkin Roll(a friend's family recipe),
Scone Nibbles will freeze,
Old Fashioned Bread Pudding,
French Bread (this is similar to the recipe I use),
Brownies(from mix in stockpile)will freeze,
Brioche (This is my 1st time making this.)

I'll post recipes that aren't online on my blog later in the week or follow along on Twitter tomorrow at #BakingDay or check my blog for updates during the day.

Last week I spent $128.05(approx. $89 of that was food). I laid in some baking goods, an extra 3 dozen eggs, cheap chicken and hit a sale on sausage and a whole beef eye round. 

This week's menu shopping list.....weekly milk purchases, fresh produce(potatoes, carrots, lettuce), fresh fruit(bananas, grapes), some lunchmeat.  Shop-Rite had ground beef at rock bottom prices this week, so I might have to take a trip for that as I'm low. 

Food Waste Report....1 slice of bread at the end of the bag that molded up too badly to salvage any of it.  The rest of the loaf was fine. 8-)

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're going to try Dublin Coddle! Please let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.