Monday, November 9, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....November 9th...Great Deals I Couldn't Refuse=Spent Too Much


Last Week's Menu Postmortem...

All I can say is.....Ham and Bean Soup?....it FINALLY happened!lol
Rigatoni didn't happen though so it carries over to this week.

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week....

MONDAY--Beef Stroganoff(freezer), Wild Rice(stockpile), Vegetable Medley(freezer)
TUESDAY--Leftover Bean Soup and Sandwiches
WEDNESDAY--Rigatoni with Meat Sauce(freezer/stockpile), Salad(fridge)
THURSDAY--Shrimp Alfredo(freezer/stockpile), Tossed Salad(fridge)
FRIDAY--Hot Dogs(freezer), Beans(stockpile), Carrots(root cellar)
SATURDAY--Leftovers
SUNDAY--Hubby Surprise...I get the day off, hubby is cooking!

SNACKS/DESSERTS--Bananas, Apple Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Pumpkin Bread(what I didn't get to on Baking Day)

Nothing exciting or adventurous this week.  I need a low-key, easy, simple menu this week.  No recipes this week, just mostly eating from what is here.

Last week I spent $109.17--$38.43 at Weis(I got another Whole Eye Round Beef for $1.99lb!, a piece of Salmon and a Boneless Leg of Lamb for $3.99lb, etc.), $6.33 at local independent grocer, $14 at the Entennman's Outlet, $4.23 at Shop-Rite for $1.69lb. Ground Beef and $46.18 on the massive haul from Acme.  Check out what I brought home for $46.18 from Acme HERE.

This week's menu shopping list.....weekly milk purchases, some lunchmeat, paprika,bananas and I'm almost out of Kosher Salt.  I'd call this list about $15 worth of products.
As I have $15 in Cats for Acme left I may do some more Cat Deals there before the sale ends and perhaps the so-so Cat Deals at Weis.
After the last 2 weeks, I think I'm going to hold a NO GROCERY SHOPPING WEEK next week.  No setting foot in the store at all!  Hubby can pick up the weekly milk for me so I can avoid going, because if I go and I see a DEAL, that will be the end of No Grocery Shopping Week.lolol
Who's in for a week of no food shopping??
Anybody?

Food Waste Report....I got nothing.....

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I did the week with no grocery shopping the last week of October. The kids couldn't take it anymore... I was determined to use just stuff that I had. Pretty sad when you get down to just rice and potatoes... (I'm kidding about that part!) But hmm.. Now I have an idea for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just saved your blog to my favorites so I can check it out more tomorrow. You sound like you are doing a lot of things I hope to do.
    Dianna
    www.wordpress.com/maxwellmama

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.