Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Early November Chatter....Weather, Teeth, Films

This is the post in which I just ramble on about whatever floats into my brain.  You may want to just spare yourself and move along now & skip reading this..... ;-)



Yesterday was 60 some degrees here.  It was truly an Indian Summer day.  I don't recall having such a nice, mild day like that this far into November before!  I am NOT complaining about that.lol
I took some photos of the last of the fall leaves on our trees.  These are the same trees I snap pictures of each fall.  This year their color is more in the reds, whereas last year we had brighter yellow/orange tones.

Instead of complaining about the weather, let me complain about how my tooth pain took away from my enjoyment of the day and continues to plaque me today.  Something must have kicked loose in my mouth last Friday because I felt a small dull pain then that I could ignore but it blossomed Monday morning into actual agony and has me rubbing on piles of Ora-gel.  I know which tooth it is....last year I had a root canal attempt on this tooth, so the dentist could then put a cap on it.  Well, the 3rd root was so thin and twisted that he could only kill the nerve in the other 2 roots, thus couldn't finish the job or cap the tooth.  So he just put some sort of filling material over the whole shabang.  I told him to just pull the tooth as it wasn't one I needed cosmetically and 1 less tooth to chew with wouldn't bother me.  But of course, if he had pulled it, that would be one less tooth that he could 'monkey' around with in my mouth to get more payment for.....so he didn't. 
I finally got ahold of the dentist and sometime after 3 this afternoon I should be out of pain.  I think I'm going to insist he pull it so this can't happen again.

Hubby and I had a Date Night last evening and went to the movies.  This makes the 3rd time this year we have gone to a show.  I think it's a record as we almost never go to the movies!  I can't see paying what they charge now and of course, I NEVER buy food there.  That's what purses are for.....sneaking in snacks.lol  But we went because I had one last FREE MOVIE TICKET for buying boatloads of Axe at KMart earlier this year.  This last ticket expired Monday so we paid $8.25 for hubby's ticket and saw "Amelia".  Ok....I don't know whether to blame the film, having to pay $8.25 or being in low-grade agony with my tooth but.....did this film suck or what?!?!
Seriously, I think Hilary Swank is a fine actress and even old and grey Richard Gere is nice to look at for 2 hours, but this Movie was boring.
One.
Big.
Snoozefest.

There were some good moments but there wasn't enough here to fill up 2 hours.  How many shots of clouds can a person be expected to watch in 2 hours?
Hubby made the comment that the way the movie was constructed it made Amelia Earharts life boring....and given her actual life, that is saying something!lol
I just wish I had my $8.25 back..... ;-)

Ok, off to plan another Acme run tomorrow, take another Darvocet and swill down some more Ora-Gel and hope 3pm comes quicker...

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Poor Sluggy! Try some clove oil. If you don't have any, pick some up when you are doing all your other shopping runs. Seriously, get some, even without a coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're out of your tooth agony soon!!!! I haven't seen that movie and haven't particularly wanted to. Now I won't for sure - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the tooth is better by now!! Thanks for the tip on the movie :) I still have 4 or 5 free movie tickets from the Axe deal at Kmart. I have until the end of the month to use them - we might take Logan to Astroboy this weekend. We'll see how we're all feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.