Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Today's Post is Brought to You by the Letter "W"....Walmart & Walgreen's

I had those internet printed Sara Lee $2 off a package of deli meat coupons expiring.  I've priced this product at all the grocery stores I frequent over the last 2 weeks and none of them would allow me to buy this item after using the coupon for less then $3.50!   So I broke down and hoofed over on a RARE trip to Walmart to see how I could make out on Tuesday....of course, I brought along other coupons just in case I found any other deals there.




WALMART
2 x Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice $2.97=$5.94
4 x Sara Lee Lunchmeat  $3.98=$15.92
1 x Sara Lee Bagels=$2.88
1 x Sara Lee Rolls=$2.27
1 x Progresso Panko Crumbs=$1.86
1 x Morton's Kosher Salt=$1.58
1 x 1 Gal. Milk=$3.16 *not pictured*
SubTotal=$33.61

Coupons Used
2 x $2/1 Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice IP Q=$4.00
4 x $2/1 Sara Lee Deli Lunchmeat IP Q=$8.00
2 x $2/1 Bread Product WYB 2 Sara Lee Deli Lunchmeat Tearpad Q=$4.00
1 x $1.10/1 Progresso Bread Crumb Product IP Q=$1.10
Coupons Total=$17.10

$33.61-$17.10+$.36 tax=$16.87 OOP
**Actual OOP was  $15.87, because the cashier somehow took off an extra $1 somewhere.
The Deli Meat was a good price with the $2 Qs but I found a tearpad at Weis last week(over on the gourmet cheese case)with $2 OFF Sara Lee Bread products WYB 2 Sara Lee Packaged Deli Meats.
So I got bread for $.27 and Bagels for $.88.

I hit Walgreen's also on Tuesday as I had RRs expiring....

WALGREEN'S
3 x Ocean Spray 100% Juice on sale $1.99=$5.97
1 x Honey on sale $3.99=$3.99
1 x Sunsweet Apricots on sale $2.00=$2.00
1 x Walgreen's OraGel=$5.99 *not pictured*(Was slathering this on my tooth for relief from the pain until Friday)
SubTotal=$17.95

Coupons
3 x Wags Booklet $1 off Ocean Spray=$3.00
1 x $6 RR
1 x $8 RR
Coupons total=$17.00

$17.95-$17.00=$.95 OOP
Finding Peelie Qs on the Juice(like others have reported)would have been even more awesome but it didn't happen at this store.

I forgot something so I went back in and I got this....



3 x Kleenex reg. $2.59=$7.77
Used Wags Flyer Q $1.09(deducts $1.50 per box)=$4.50 off
$7.77-$4.50=$3.27

Then I used the $1 off Q in the Wags Savings Booklet in the store.
$3.27-$3=$.27 OOP

The cashier didn't say BOO about using both Qs on the Kleenex.  I didn't go back for more since I wasn't feeling well.  I figure with all the Facial Tissue I have already(after all the FREE Marcal Small Steps ones AND the Acme Kleenex from that week), I can donate a bunch or share with BIL and I am still set until Spring.

OOP for the day...$17.09
Value of Items....$59.33
Savings of 71.20%

I am all out of Register Rewards at this point.  It's sort of a relief not to have the pressure of having to find stuff to buy that I can use to roll them right now.  I find it difficult to keep track and juggle the CVS, Wags and Rite-Aid "Games" all at the same time.  I'm going to have to do a bit of pondering on how to handle this in the future.

Do you play all 3 of the Drugstore Games?  How do you manage it?  Any tips for the rest of us?  Please leave a comment or five on the post! 8-)

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how some couponers are able to hit all 3 drugstores and keep everything straight! I am glad I only have CVS, Target, Walmart, Kmart and Menards - that is plenty for me to deal with ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.