Monday, June 17, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....the June 17th Edition

The "They Just Won't Go Away" Edition.....


      
I snapped this photo as I neared our street late last month.  This is the "committee" of buzzards who roost nearby where we live, waiting for me to die so they can pick my bones clean. lol  I don't plan on kicking off anytime soon.  Look for a free meal elsewhere vultures!

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--TV Dinner(me), Jello for Hubs Nom Nom
2. Monday--Hubs wants Chinese buffet after procedure so we'll have that
3. Tuesday--Dinner out at Trivia?
4. Wednesday--Leftover Lasagna, Salad
5. Thursday--Something with Chicken-Fajitas?
6. Friday--Asparagus Risotto, ?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--TV Dinner(me), Jello for Hubs Nom Nom
2. Monday--Chinese Buffet at Hubs request
3. Tuesday--I had a Cheeseburger at Trivia
4. Wednesday--Crab Cakes, Leftover Roasted Broccoli
5. Thursday--Chicken Fajitas
6. Friday--Home Chef meal(Beef in Burgundy Sauce, Carrots and Whipped Potatoes)on clearance at Kroger
7. Saturday--Chicken Teriyaki w/Stir-Fry Veggies

I was good at the buffet on Monday-had sushi, half a plate of green beans, some General Tso, some Baked Chicken and my downfall of Crab Rangoon. ;-/
I had half a Rotisseries Chicken leftover so sliced the meat off the bone and put it into the Fajita filling on Thursday.  We found a couple Home Chef ready to eat meals on clearance at Kroger on Friday.  The rest of my marked down Rotisserie Chicken went into the Teriyaki Stir-Fry.  We had enough leftover rice for Hubs to have with the Stir-Fry.

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
* 1 TV Dinner(me)
*  1 pack of Crab Cakes
*  Some Red and Yellow Peppers

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1.25 lb. Catfish Filets

Last week we spent $97.30 on grocery shopping.

Total shopping comes to $336.47 for June.   There are 13 shopping days left in June.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $106.03 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $13.25 on Shopmium in June.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in June.
I've earned $37.25 on Kroger Cash Back in June.
I've earned $13.04 on TaDa in June.
I've earned $7.26 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $62.74 on Aisle, etc. in June. (Haven't gotten my Nature Valley/Mott's Snacks rebates yet.)
I've earned 13,808 points on Fetch from food shopping in June.
I've earned 10,362 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in June.($41.44)
I've earned 10 Points on My Points in June.($)
I've earned 4,357 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That is $195.28 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa)on $336.47 of grocery spending so in reality it's $141.19 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending.

My savings percentage for the last week was 47.13% and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 48.69% spent.

Leftovers going into this week.. Lasagna, a little bit of Asparagus.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Ribeye Steak, Bake Potato, Roasted Corn on cob(Father's Day)
2. Monday--Leftover Fajita stuff of Stir-Fry
3. Tuesday--Dinner out at Trivia?
4. Wednesday--Catfish, Broccoli Slaw, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
5. Thursday--Whatever we didn't have leftover on Monday lolz
6. Friday--Cheddar Broccoli Potato Bake
7. Saturday--Don't know?

I've got everything planned above and leftovers.  The only unknown is Saturday's dinner.  Might be something I find cheap at Kroger on Friday. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    


10 comments:

  1. When are you moving away from buzzard corner? ;). Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilogene, if it were up to me and I could just throw my shit in a car/truck, I'd be out of here tomorrow(or yesterday?). But unfortunately we have to sell this house before we leave so who the heck knows! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I know a little town below Cullman that has buzzards around all the time in even larger groups. I imagine that murders are flung out and to be devoured by buzzards. They are flying around the skies all the time. Really creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad there was no liver mentioned in the post. If I were there I would throw any liver from the freezer into the yard to feed the buzzards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can eat my weight in Crab Ragoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have buzzards in front of us in woods and behind us also. Hate it when the Amish just pull the cow or horse that died out in their field or behind their woods and let it rot for the buzzards. Smell is horrible. I note what needs ate on my to do list. Sometimes it actually gets ate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like it would be annoying about the buzzard feeding on dead animals that large.
      We've been really good about eating the leftovers lately.

      Delete
  6. I have two pizzas in the oven and a lot of black bean soup. That should be enough to last until the weekend.

    We have quite a few hawks around here. I’ve noticed them watching people walk small dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a hawk who circled around our backyard waiting for my chihuahua to appear. Glad we have the dogs on leads and not an enclosed yard so if the hawk tried to grab him, he wouldn't get far before the lead yanked him back. ;-)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.