Saturday, May 4, 2024

Storm in Louisiana

We got back from our cruise late on Thursday.  Spent the next few days un-jetlagging, unpacking and getting some fresh produce/groceries.

Then on Sunday evening this happened......(YouTube turned my videos into "shorts" so you'll have to copy these URLs and cut/paste them to see them.  They won't give me the code to embed these videos into my blog.)

https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuvWVb09KM?si=WKEef4WCDmQPVcd9  

https://youtube.com/shorts/duYJUd0Iojw

And we lost power. ugh.  Electric company said power would be restored on Wednesday night at 10pm.  Basically they just pushed out the timeline because really they had no clue when they'd have everyone back on the grid.

Luckily Monday was only in the high 70's and low humidity.  We just sat tight and lived as farmers-got up with the sun and went to bed when the sun did.  Couldn't do much but read.  I almost finished a book. yeah me.

We left the jam packed freezer alone but got a bag of ice for the fridge and placed it in there and shut the door.  Hubs went up to Mickey D's that day for coffee and got me a Diet Dr. Pepper.

On Tuesday the forecast was for high 80's and lots of humidity.  So we went out to Mickey D's so Hubs could have breakfast and I had this........

A Diet DP and a bag of sliced apples.  Guess how much that puny bag of apple slices cost??
$1.49 for 6 tiny slices of apple!!!  I remember when I got my kids a whole Happy Meal(including a bag of apple slices)for $1.49.  McDonald's is out of it's mind.......

The counter gal also gave me a Diet Coke instead and I went up to get the Diet DP so I ended up with two drinks. 

We also were able to charge our phones as the seating area was deserted in this Mickey D's as the breakfast rush was over.  Once our phones were up to 100% we ran over to Walmart.

I had bought 4 cans of tomato products there before we left town.  Each item had a $1 off Peelie Q on it but the folks manning the registers refused to let me use these Qs.  So I wrote to corporate and ended up getting a phone call from the manager of the store telling me to come in and they would honor the Qs.  Well it had to wait until after the cruise but I went in to get my $4 or I'd return the items.


Of course, the woman manning the CS desk had no clue about any of this so I showed her the email from Corporate on my phone and she returned to items, then re-rung them and used the Qs.  What a PITA!  But it was the principle of the thing, ya know?

So we went home and then headed back out later to Subway for dinner.

The first sighting of power company trucks near us!

While we didn't have a tornado come through, they did say we had "straight line winds".

Here's the Jehovah's Witness sign at the corner of an intersection we go by.  The day before this sign was at a 45 degree angle on that brick base.  You can see the bricks were broken on the right side.

Down the road the traffic lights were out.  UPDATE-When I went to Kroger on Friday those lights were finally working again.

Back at home we stopped for another bag of ice.  I had to move my refrigerated drugs to a cooler.

I had to throw away these 2 boxes of $$$ injectibles.  This is what I was on before I got changed to a different drug last year.  Ugh.

But I got my current drugs on ice and safe.

A few hours after we got home from Subway power was restored at our house. rah!


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I bought two items with peelies on them. Store did not honor. Got home, realized this and the coupons were expiring that day. I did not feel like explaining, so let it go. Pain in the neck, but it was the principal that still has me frosted. I did use both of those cans because I needed them. Otherwise, I would have gone back ready to return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurricane Zeta hit Biloxi, Mississippi and went across southwest Alabama and was still a category one hurricane when it reached my little work house( not the college town little house) in my small town in south central Alabama. It dropped my neighbor’s tree on the back part of my roof in the middle of the night (that was scary) and knocked the power out for a couple of days. I cheered and clapped for them when I saw the power trucks on my street… lol. Fun times….. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a storm! Lousyanna, I like that name. LOL
    I'm glad you all are OK.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.