Sunday, March 11, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Finally Time to Celebrate" Edition--
Everyone was finally on the mend and Hubs was home from Louisiana so we took College Boy out for his birthday meal late last week.  He wanted to go the the hibachi place and we did it for lunch as CB had to go to his internship that evening and it was great as the place was less crowded during the day(plus the prices were a tad less).  8-)
As you can see for the photo I had a bit of sake in me by this point. lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself/Leftovers
2. Monday--Leftover Fajitas, Spanish Rice
3. Tuesday--Beef Teriyaki, Broccoli, Rice
4. Wednesday--Halushki, Kielbasi on Rolls
5. Thursday--Stroganoff, Rice
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Birthday meal out for CB

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Leftovers or FFY
2. Monday--Leftovers or FFY
3. Tuesday--Hubs and I went to Bob Evans
4. Wednesday--Halushki, nobody felt like Kielbasi
5. Thursday--Birthday meal out for CB
6. Friday--Frozen Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers of FFY

Last week saw 2 nights of home cooked dinners(if you count frozen pizza), 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 night of take-out and 2 nights of Eating out.   I was still feeling punky so there wasn't much home cooking.  The Stroganoff and Teriyaki move to this week.

1 trip to the Bread Outlet, 1 trip to Weis and 1 trip to Maines restaurant supply brought the shopping last week to $68.30.  That brings March's food spending total to $72.30.  There are 20 days left in my shopping month.  

My savings percentages last week was 48.10% and the monthly savings so far ends up at 47.06%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week.......fajita filling and halushki.  We've pretty much cleared the decks of leftovers now.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Lemon Pepper chicken and zucchini, rice
2. Monday--Beef Teriyaki stir-fry w/Broccoli, rice
3. Tuesday--chicken Parmesan, Pear Gorgonzola Salad(Spaghetti too for Hubs)
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Beef Stroganoff, rice, mixed Veggies
6. Friday--Fend for Yourself 
7. Saturday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Carrots

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY and 0 night of Take-out/Eat-Out.
I need to buy PG Salad mix, more cabbage(used it all last week on the Haluski)and corned beef.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. There were no deals I wanted or needed. I ate well last week but do not remember a plan. I have a hen and four turkey thighs out and will put those in a turkey bag for this week. Italian sausages are thawing, too. Maybe I will throw those in the turkey bag, too.

    I am on a slaw kick, so we will have that and carrots I bought at the same time. There are salad fixings. Today, I am having tuna salad on lettuce leaf and a banana. Oh, I have sweet potatoes and Irish potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic! You look good in purple :)

    Meal plan went 6/7. What I thought was boneless ribs were actually bone-in chops, so we had chicken salads instead.

    Sunday-Chinese take out
    Monday-leftovers
    Tuesday-might be leftovers again. We have too much food! But there is also a chance that the teens chow everything down for me. Savages lately, they are.
    Wednesday-baked breaded chicken legs, green beans, Mac and cheese
    Thursday-pork in crockpot that I didn't make last week
    Friday-fish sandwiches and fries
    Saturday-dinner at my dad's

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are just the cutest. We need to find that boy a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No deals on food (boo!) but I was able to stick to the food plan all last week which was a left overs. This week I am going to try my hand at home made black bean burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to CB. Not only is he not glum, he looks absolutely happy. I remember when they would not smile for pictures. You will be ecstatic like I am when you finally feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great celebration for your son. Happy Belated Birthday to him. I am happy to hear also that you are feeling better.
    I wish the weather would break and spring would get here so that all of the sickness would go away.

    We have been eating beef barley soup alot this week. Tonight Hubby is making us Chef salads.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.