Thursday, March 8, 2018

Some Rite-Aid Stuff

So I went to Rite-Aid earlier this week and bought all this in three different transactions...........


3 x Colgate toothpaste on sale($3.99)=$11.97
2 x Colgate mouth rinse on sale($3.99)=$7.98
4 x Russel Stover chocolate eggs on sale(.50¢)=$2.00
SubTotal........$21.95

Coupons used........
5 x $2/1 In-Ad Colgate item Q=$10.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate toothpaste manuQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate mouth rinse manuQ=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Colgate toothpaste IPQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate mouth rinse IPQ=$1.00
Coupon Total.....$17.00

But an unexpected L2CQ also came off so $18 in Qs

$21.95-$18.00=$3.95+.08¢ tax=$4.03
I used $2.05 in Plenti Points and $1.98 off my R-A gift card because of breaking this into 3 transactions(otherwise I could have just used $4.03 in PPs).

In the third transaction 2 of my RA in-ad $2/1 Qs and a $1/1 IPQ for the toothpaste wouldn't come off  so the cashier did a "post coupon" and gave me back $5 cash.  This $5 made up for the $5 in Bonus Cash that came off in that transaction that wouldn't have if the Qs had gone through.

I earned back $2 in BC for the R/S eggs and I also earned $19.95 toward a "Spend $20/Get $5 BC Morning Routine Deal"for the Colgate items. Rite-Aid purposely made the prices of items for this deal $3.99 instead of $4.00 so you'd have to buy one extra item to break the $20 threshold.....a truly sucky thing to do! 
Also part of this Deal are Softscrub and Irish Spring B/W and soaps but those are cheaper starting Sunday with sale prices of $3.99(of course!),Qs coming out in Sunday's inserts stacked with In-AdQs in the sales flyer for those items. 
This Deal runs 2 weeks evidently. 
So I'll wait and buy a body wash next week to finish off this deal and get my $5BC.

In the end I'll have "spent" $5.02 on all the Colgate/SoftScrub items and will get back $5 in BC so it's a wash or if you want to be picky all 6 items I will have bought will have "cost" me .02¢.....but I can live with that.  8-)

Then on Wednesday, because I am crazy that way, I went to Rite-Aid while the snow took a break from falling for about 1.5 hours here, to see what Wellness Wednesday items I could scoop up.  ;-)

This was all on Daughter's card and I had a 25% emailed discount to use(if an item was cheaper that way rather than the sale price).


2 x Garnier Whole Blends shampoo on sale=$7.00
2 x Dr. Scholl's insoles clearanced($3.74)=$7.48
4 x Russel Stover chocolate eggs on sale=$2.00
3 x Clear Eyes w/25% disc.($10.34)=$31.02
1 x Centrum vitamins on sale=$9.99
2 x Dove chocolate covered cherries on sale=$7.00
2 x Biscoff biscotti cookies w/25% disc.($2.46)=$4.92
3 x B4Y dried fruit w/25% disc.($2.99)=$8.97
SubTotal.........$78.38 + .18¢ tax=$78.56

Coupons Used
1 x $4/1 Garnier shampoo ManuQ=$4.00
2 x $3/1 Dr. Scholl's ManuQ=$6.00
2 x $5/1 Clear Eyes ManuQ=$10.00
1 x $3/1 Clear Eyes IPQ=$3.00
1 x $3/1 Centrum IPQ=$3.00
1 x $4/1 Centrum WWQ=$4.00
2 x $2/1 Dove chocolate/fruit WWQ=$4.00
2 x $2/1 Biscoff WWQ=$4.00
3 x $1/1 B4Y dried fruit WWQ=$3.00
Coupon Total.....$41.00

$78.56-$41.00=$37.56
$37 in Bonus Cash should have come off (I had $43 in BC on this card)and I should have been left with .56¢ to put on my RA gift card.

But.........there always seems to be a but now, doesn't there? ;-)

But I was also buying 2 bottles of Ocuvite vitamins as I had ManuQs and WWQs to stack with those(they would have cost me $3.87 after 25% disc. and stacked Qs)but the WWQs beeped and I discovered that those were for a larger size bottle than I took.  The store was out of that larger size bottle so after ringing those vitamins in the cashier took them off the transaction but..........we discovered after the transaction was completed that only one bottle came off, so I "bought" a bottle in my transaction so the numbers were this instead........
$92.43-$41Q=$51.43
All $43 in BC on that card came off, leaving me with $8.43 which came off my Plenti Points.

After I got in the car and went over the receipt and went back in and had the cashier eyeball the receipt, the bottle that didn't come off was discovered, so then I got $8.43 back on my Plenti Points and I was handed $5.44 in cash.  Basically I got $5 in cash in lieu of $5 of my BC that had come off(and .44¢ to boot in cash as BC is only in increments of whole dollars).

I also earned $19 in new BC on this transaction($3 wyb $8 dried fruit, 2 x $7 wyb $15 eye items-Clear Eyes, 2 x $1 wyb2 R/S eggs).
In addition I will earn back $7 in cash rebates on SavingStar($4 for the Garnier shampoos, $3 for the Centrum).

The price breakdown per item--

The Garnier 'poos were a $1 moneymaker after sale/Qs/cash rebate.
The Dr. Scholl's were .74¢ each after clearance price/Qs.
The Russell Stover eggs were free after sale/BC earned.
College Boy needed a stockpile of eye drops so that is why the Clear Eyes items were bought. After disc./Qs/BC earned, the eye drops cost $1.34 each.
The Centrum vitamins were a .01¢ moneymaker after sale/stacked Qs/cash rebate.
The Dove chocolate covered fruit was $1.50 a bag after WWQs.
The Biscoff cookies were .46¢ a package after WWQs.
The B4Y dried fruit was .99¢ a bag after disc./WWQs/BC earned.

I may go back for free R/S eggs on my son's card this week(Easter baskets need filling), but otherwise I am finished at Rite-Aid for this sales ad.  If I had more Garnier Qs I could finish that "Spend $30/Get $10 in BC" Deal and with the sale price/Qs/BC earned/SavingStar cash rebate it would cost me $1.50 OOP for 9 bottles(.17¢ per bottle).
But really I don't need 7 more bottles of shampoo(beyond the two I bought this week).

Sluggy




3 comments:

  1. I bought two newspapers for $3.70 and wasted my money because there were none of the Q for Garnier, the only thing I wanted!

    CVS does the same thing with the $3.99 amount so I have to buy one more to spend the two cents to get to the amount to be spent. It is sooooo annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that extra penny thing and I have been burned by it. But you are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JcPenny does that extra penny thing too. Ugh. Great deals you got there especially the Russell Stover chocolate eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.