Monday, November 21, 2016

This Week on the Dining Table

The "First Snow of the Season" Edition--



Almost 4 inches here on Saturday.  We got another 1-2 inches on Sunday.


A coating of fluffy white stuff.

Daughter's dog, born and raised in Louisiana finds out what snow is all about.  She still isn't sure if she likes it or not. lolz

Moving on......
Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--
1. Sunday--Teriyaki Flank Steak, Stir-fry Veggies, Fried Rice
2. Monday--Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Kielbasi, Pierogies, Sauted Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Fajitas, Refried Beans
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Tacos
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Teriyaki Flank Steak, Stir-fry Veggies, Fried Rice
2. Monday--Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Fajitas
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Leftovers Buffet
6. Friday--Beef Enchilasagna Casserole(Daughter's idea)
7. Saturday--Leftovers

5 meals cooked at home, 2 of them a night of leftovers, and 0 nights of Take-Out. Kielbasa moves to this week.


As for the grocery spending.....3 trips to Weis and 2 trips to the Shursave market brought my weekly spending to $180.09 and my November food spending total so far is $502.14.
Yep.
Over budget again this month.

So far, so good in my savings percentages in November at this point however.  This week the savings rate average was 44.85% and the month-to-date stands at 48.57%.

Leftovers going into this week.......corn casserole, meatballs, sausage, stir-fry veggies, fried rice, fajita filling, mac and cheese, beef pie and beef enchilasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan".

1. Sunday--Tacos(using leftover beef I had cooked up)
2. Monday--Fish, Cauliflower, leftover Mac & Cheese
3. Tuesday--Kielbasa, Sauted Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Leftover Buffet
5. Thursday--Turkey Dinner
6. Friday--T'giving Leftovers
7. Saturday--maybe Take-Out? or Homemade Pizza

This week will see 3-4 new meals cooked and 1 nights of Take-Out(maybe) and 2 nights of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu?  I still need carrots and rutabaga for Turkey day.  Will use my $10 reward at Shursave market to get them.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. It's been two days since I looked at the ads. And, in two days another comes out. Since I have no money, it's moot. Saturday, I was still wearing sandals. I'm so glad we get so little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say we have about 4" of snow. Saturday night and Sunday were awful and the roads really bad. Visibility was nil. Welcome to winter!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.