Here's a list I started of things I want to do on this Midwest Trip. Some of these are my own ideas and some of them are things folks I am visiting have come up with.
* Go see something historic in Pittsburgh
* Go to a Trader Joe's(never been in one)
* Go have alcoholic milk shakes(again).
* Go to World Market.
* Go have Afternoon Tea
* Go swimming
* Eat Fried Cheese Curds
* Visit at least 1 Brewery...ok, maybe 2 or 5
* Go see some movies....Tammy.....Chef.....Begin Again.......or ?
* Eat some local foods.....like cheese, brats, fried pork tenderloin sammiches, strange Scandinavian concoctions, etc.
* Go to liquor stores and find beverages we can't get here
* Go to a parade
* Learn to play the bagpipes
* Go to a county fair
* Go to Chicago for the day by train
* Eat at Fabio's restaurant
* Visit the World's Largest Truck Stop
* Go see the Largest Lutefisk in the World
Unfortunately I'll be leaving Iowa the day R.A.G.B.R.A.I. starts so I won't get to see that.
It's Iowa's answer to the Tour de France and it runs right through my friend Anne's town but I will have left already when it goes through.
Oh so much to do and see!
Check back over the next few weeks and see which ones I have ticked off my list.....