Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rite-Aid.....Tuesday Edition

More Rite-Aid fun today!

First we did the J&J Deal--Spend $30, Get $10 in +Up Rewards.
Note that there is a double dip that runs through today only....the Johnson's Baby products qualify for the J&J Deal AND a monthly for July Spend $15,Get $5 +Up Rewards.(There is a limit of 2 on the monthly deal.)
I incorporated the double dip deal in my Spend $30 Deal and I started today with $14 in +Ups....


2 x Johnson's Naturals Wash/Shampoo on sale BOGO50%=$9.43
2 x Johnson's Baby Powder on sale BOGO50%=$7.18
(These 4 totaled over $15, count toward the $5 monthly AND the $30 weekly deal.)
1 x Reach toothbrush on sale=$2.00
1 x Neosporin on sale=$4.00
1 x Visine reg. w/20% wellness discount=$4.39
2 x Reach floss on sale=$4.00
SubTotal.....$31.00

Coupons Used
2 x $1.50/1 Johnson's Naturals IPQ(facebook)=$3.00
2 x $1/1 Johnson's Powder IPQ(facebook)=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Reach Toothbrush Tearpad Q(from the dentist office)=$1.00
1 x $2/1 Neosporin ManuQ(expires 7/31)=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Visine ManuQ(expires 7/31)=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Visine In-Ad Q=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Reach floss Tearpad Q(dentist office)=$4.00
Coupon Total....$16.00

$31.00-$16.00=$15.00
I used my $14 in +Up Rewards=$1.00 + .25¢ tax=$1.25 OOP, which I put on my gift card.

I received back $15 in +Ups($10 for the Spend $30 Deal and $5 for the Johnson's baby monthly Deal).

Then I finished my 3rd Unilever Deal and bought this stuff here.....


2 x Dove Shampoo on sale=$7.00
2 x Axe Deodorant on sale but Wellness disc. was lower=$8.78
2 x Oral-B indicator Toothbrushes on sale=$2.00
1 x Aim Toothpaste w/20% wellness discount=$.80
1 x Aquafresh Toothpaste on sale=$1.99
1 x Hawaiian Punch drink on sale but Wellness disc. was lower=$.80
1 x Listerine Zero on sale=$4.00
SubTotal....$25.37

Coupons Used
1 x $3/2 Dove Shampoo ManuQ=$3.00
1 x $2/2 Dove Shampoo AdPerkQ=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Axe products ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $2/2 Axe products AdPerkQ=$2.00
1 x $1/2 Oral-B indicator Toothbrushes ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Aquafresh Toothpaste IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Aquafresh Toothpaste AdPerkQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Listerine Q on the bottle=$1.00   **YMMV
1 x $1/1 Listerine TearpadQ(from the dentist)=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Listerine AdPerkQ=$1.00
Coupon Total....$15.00

$25.37-$15.00=$10.37
I used $10 in +Ups, leaving $.37 + .04¢ tax=$.41 OOP which I put on my gift card.

I received $7 in +Ups($5 for spending $15 in Unilever products, $2 WYB 3 aim/pepsodent pastes and/or oral-b toothbrushes on sale for $1.) 
I add these $7 to the $5 I got from the last transaction that I didn't spend and I now have $12 in +Up Rewards.

If you have the Gold Reward/Discount level you can buy a combination of 3 Aim and/or Pepsodent toothpastes this week for .80 each.  They are "on sale" for $1 but that is the regular price on these 2 items!  Only the Oral-B toothbrushes are actually higher priced than $1 normally.
So buy 3 toothpastes and pay $2.40, and get a $2 +Ups back.  Your "cost is only .40¢ for all 3 tubes.
Great deal if you need toothpaste and don't even need coupons for it.  8-)

The stacking 3 Listerine Qs is a YMMV scenario.  This store lets you use any Q attached to the product, even if you are already using 2 stacked Qs and/or if the attached Q is expired.  Sweet bonus for me.... ;-)
and I bought the Listerine, all things being equal, to get my total after Qs high enough to use my $10 +Ups(I was at $8.77 before I added it).  It got my total up enough to use the +Up Reward AND if I decide to do the "Spend $30 Johnson's/Get $10 Deal" again before the week is over,(there is a limit of 2 on this one), I have $5 already toward the $30 mark.

So I've got $12 in +Ups after this transaction so I then got this stuff.....



2 x Trolli Sour Crawlers on sale $5 bag=$10.00

I used $10 of my +Ups to pay and spent ZERO money.....woohoo.
I received $9 in +Ups back.  This item is part of the "Spend $10 on assorted food items, Get a $3 +Ups back".....on the +Ups it's identified as the "Aquafina" Deal.

But there is some monthly +Up deal on them and EACH BAG also generates a Farley's brand $3 +Ups as well.
So I spent $10 in +Ups and got $9 back.
2 huge sacks of sour gummies for .50¢ each.
I now know what #2 Son will be taking to the Band Camp Pool Party.....lol

Add that $9 to the $2 leftover I didn't spend from 2 transactions back and I have $11 in +Ups.
So I bought this thing next.....


1 x Lanacane cream on sale=$5.00
I used $5 in +Ups($2+$3 ones)and paid ZERO OOP.
This generated a $5 +Ups.
Add that to the $6 in +Ups I didn't spend and I still have $11 +Up Rewards going forward.

If you are keeping score, that's a total of $112.10 worth of stuff I brought home.  I spent $1.66 on my gift card.

In my continuing efforts to NOT buy crap we don't/can't use, I have to account for everything I buy.
Shampoo and deodorant are pretty standard for anyone, as are toothpaste and toothbrushes.  Excess makes it into my Boring Blog Box Giveaways.
First Aid items also needed.  Hubs insists on Mouth Wash.  #2 Son will take that Hawaiian Punch thing to band camp one day.  The only questionable items I bought?.....the baby wash/'poo and powder.
One of the gals at Rite-Aid I have befriended has a baby due in late August.   The wash/'poo and 1 powder will go into a gift bag I intend to make up for her.  If I go back and buy more, she'll get more of that stuff.
I am keeping one of the baby powders for myself.  It's chamomile and lavender scented.... ;-)



Here's the MONTHLY TOTALS so far.....

Out Of Pocket....$16.36 cash
Value of items bought....$65.52+$49.25+$49.19 + $36.01 + $81.35 +$112.10=$393.42
Single Check Rebate due....$6.00

+Ups at beginning of month...$33+
+Ups used....$114+
+Ups received...$92+
+Ups currently...$11+ 


Rite-Aid is giving me warm and fuzzy feelings this week!
How about you?? 8-)


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Now that you are back to shopping-everything is right in my world or is rite in my world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well as always. Do you still work it for the bil? One day, I am going to venture into RiteAid...when I am brave and think I can walk in the store. They have no electric carts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang I wish they would bring Rite-Aid to my neck of the woods so you could mentor me! Those are some great buys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or should I say snags instead of buys? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Sluggy! You are an amazing shopper.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.