Just a post of Random Tidbits from my life lately.
* We had a good productive couple of days last weekend. I got 2 pair of pants hemmed. Hubs and #2 son raked the leaves up and the town carted away 31, yes 31! large bags of leaves yesterday. I also worked on getting another load of clutter together for charity. And I FINALLY changed out all my summer clothes to the winter stuff....just in time for a week of temperatures in the high 60's here.
* I sold 3 more dolls on the tag sale site. Hubs is delivering them today after work. 11 more to go....sigh.....
* #2 son started up flute lessons again. He is super psyched with this teacher and finally is putting some effort into learning his piece for the Districts audition. He is playing in the pit orchestra for the school musical next month, finishing up Marching Band season this month, playing the electric bass in the jazz band, playing flute in the concert band and he was just recruited by the music director to play the contrabass in the String Ensemble because the only bassist graduated. He's never played the contrabass but he plays the electric bass and there is no one else in the band who plays well enough so he got elected.
I feel he is tired and too busy but he is enjoying it. His grades are doing well so far so I am not impinging on his pursuits.
* #2 son's best neighborhood friend moved away this week. The stepdad took a job in Alabama & they just sold their house. They had the closing on their house on Monday and left the state. # 2 son is in the dumps over losing his friend.
* Just by chance I discovered that the home we owned before moving into our current home is for sale!
I found the listing and it was a sad sight to see what they have done to it. It's bordering on the verge of "fixer-upper" now. I told Hubs we should buy it back since they are asking only $7K more than we sold it to them for. It's a steal, really! I loved that little house in the woods.....
* I reopened my eBay Store for the Holidays on Sunday. The next couple of months are the busiest time of the year for sales on eBay so I jumped back into the water. I'll be spending the next few weeks getting my Store stocked with goodies in time for Black Friday when things dramatically pick up....or at least I HOPE THEY PICK UP!lol I have ALL my remaining boxes of eBay inventory in my living room. Have I ever mentioned I have NO FURNITURE in my living room?lol
I'll weed through, as I go through the boxes to list stuff, and send some more of it to Salvation Army I am sure. I have already sold 7 items....go me! I've put a link to my eBay Store on the right sidebar. Feel free to browse around it if you feel the need to buy overpriced old toys and crap. ;-)
* I am cleaning out the freezer this week. I need to find room for the turkey I have to buy in the next couple of days so we are eating down the contents as well as pulling out old stuff to mix into the dogs' dinner bowls. I have no doubts my dogs will "heart" me this week.....
So what's new in your neck of the woods this week?