Saturday, May 2, 2009

Watch me Build a SCR for May at Rite Aid

I thought I'd do a series of posts on How to go about shopping to build up a good sized SINGLE CHECK REBATE check from Rite Aid. Watch me as I buy things using coupons. Not only with I get these things cheaper but Rite-Aid will send me a check when the month is over to reimburse me for most of the money I spent to buy them.

My 1st Transaction is this....


1 Skintimate Shaving Cream-on sale this week for $2.99 Used a $1/1 Q from last Sunday's paper
2 Listerine Mouthwash-on sale this week for $4.00 ea. Used the $4 off Rite-Aid Q from the sales flyer AND 2 $1/1 Qs from last Sunday's paper
1 Salt-Aire Nasal Wash-on sale this week for $6.99
1 Mini Drops eye drops-on sale this week for $6.49
1 Cup O Noodles for $.69

Used 3 $1/1 Qs(1 for Shave Cream, 2 for Listerine), $4 off Rite Aid Q and 1 $5/$25 purchase Q from Rite Aid website.

Subtotal of merchandise-$25.16

Coupons used-$12.00

Tax-$.24
Total Out of Pocket-$13.40
Do you see why I bought that Cup O Noodles? To get my total over $25, so I could use the $5 off coupon! It's called 'filler'(a cheap item to raise your total spent so you can use a coupon).

These are the following items I bought in this transaction that I can now file for Rite-Aid Rebates at the end of May.....

Skintimate $2.24 Offer #96
Salt-Aire $6.99(full price I paid) Offer #33
Mini Drops $6.49(full price I paid) Offer #30
Listerine Whitening $2.00 Offer #121

So I spent $13.40 and I'll get back at this point, $17.72.

Both Bottles of Listerine are also part of a Johnson&Johnson Rebate running the month of May at Rite Aid-Offer #50. Depending on how much you spend, you'll be from $5 to $10 back on your SCR. So I have $8 toward that rebate deal now too.

Here's the 2nd Transaction.....

1 Benadryl Allergy-on sale this week for $5.99 Used a $1.50/1 Q
2 Johnson's Baby Shampoo-on sale this week for $3.00 =$6.00 Used 2x $2/1 Johnson's Qs from a couple of Sunday's ago
2 Excellence-to-Go Hair Coloring-on sale this week for $7.50=$15.00 Used 2 $3/1 Qs from last month's newspaper AND a $5 off 2 Rite-Aid sales flyer Q

Used 2 $2/1=$4 Qs, $1.50/1 Q, 2 $3/1=$6 Qs, $5 off Rite Aid Q and 1 $5/$25 purchase Q from Rite Aid website.
Subtotal of merchandise-$26.99
Coupons used-$21.50
Tax-$.36
Total Out of Pocket-$5.85

I didn't need a filler this time, as the items brought my total over $25 so I could use the $5/25 Q.

The Johnson's Baby Shampoo & the Benadryl Allergy are also part of a Johnson&Johnson Rebate running the month of May at Rite Aid(Offer #50), like the Listerine I bought last time was. **I now have $19.99 toward this rebate deal. I am .01¢ away from qualifying for the $8 level, having achieved the $5 level already.

The Benadryl Allergy ALSO qualifies for another Rebate at Rite-Aid this month, for a Rite-Aid Gift Card. You much purchase between $20 & $50 worth of products to receive between a $5 and $25 Gift Card. It's offer #500 in the monthly booklet. I now have $5.99 toward Offer #500.

Onward to Transaction #3....

1 Johnson's Baby Shampoo-on sale this week for $3.00 Used a $2/1 Q
1 Claritin-on sale this week for $18.99 Used a $5/1 Q
1 Viactiv Glides-on clearance for $4.49 Used a $2/1 Q

Used 2 $2/1 Qs, $5/1 Q and 1 $5/$25 purchase Q from Rite Aid website.

Subtotal of merchandise-$26.48
Coupons used-$14.00
Tax-$.06
Total Out of Pocket-$12.54

Add the Johnson's purchase to the Johnson & Johnson Offer, so I am up to $22.99 spent on that deal. $2.01 more and I qualify for $10 back-the highest amount you can get back.

Add the Claritin to Offer #500 and I've spent $24.98 toward that deal, which qualifies me for the $5 level.

The Claritin also qualifies for it's own Offer-#48. I'll get $3 back for the Claritin purchase alone.

So to recap so far......

I've qualified for--$2.24 Skintimate, $6.99 Salt-Aire, $6.49 Mini Drops, $2 Listerine Whitening, $3 Claritin, $8 on Offer #50, $5 on Offer #500=$33.72 in Rebates.

And I've spent $31.79.

All this stuff I bought so far-all $78.63 of it(not including tax)-basically has cost me NEGATIVE $1.93. I get all this and the store will pay me back ALL my out of pocket PLUS another $1.93.

Kind of messes with your head, doesn't it?

So Transaction #4.....


3 ProFoot Insoles-on sale this week for $5 each=$15
1 Sudafed PE-on sale this week for $5.99 Used $1.50/1Q
1 Tylenol Sinus-on sale this week for $4.99 Used $1/1 Q

Used $1/1 Q, $1.50/1 Q & Rite Aid $5/25 Q

Subtotal-$25.98
Coupons Used-$7.50
Tax-$.00
Spent Out of Pocket-$18.48

My OOP is high for this one but I'll get back $10 on Offer #20 for the Insoles, the SudafedPE goes toward Offer #50(Johnson&Johnson) and the Tylenol Allergy goes toward Offer #500.

And remember those Mini Drops Eye Drops I bought back in my 1st transaction? Not only will I get all my purchase price back for those but that item purchase qualifies for Offer #500 too!

So at the end of Day 1 here is where I stand.....
Rebates qualified for-

Skintimate $2.24

Salt-Aire $6.99

Mini Drops $6.49

Listerine Whitening $2.00

ProFoot $10.00

Claritin $3.00

Offer #50 $10-Highest level

Offer #500 $10-Need $12.54 more to get $25.00 Gift Card


Total of $50.72 in Rebates
Total Out of Pocket $50.27
If you subtract what I've spent from what I'll get back, when all is said and done, I'll be Out Of Pocket NOTHING and the store owes me .45¢

And I have Merchandise valued at $104.61 too.

Now you won't get rich playing the drugstore games, but you can end up with lots of neat & necessary things for very little money.

I bought things I like, use or need. Things that I would buy anyway mostly. A few items,things I've never tried, IF I get my entire purchase price back I'll buy them. The stores want you to try new items they carry. This is why they offer you a full price rebate on some items.

As the month goes on, there will be a few more things I'll buy at Rite-Aid as they go on sale or during the time frame their purchase will qualify me for a rebate for those items. So my total Single Check Rebate will slowly grow as the month progresses.

It will be harder now to keep my Out of Pocket low since the $5 off $25 purchase Coupon for Rite-Aid expired on thursday night. I am hoping they release a new similar Coupon. If they don't I won't be saving up purchases to get to a total of $25 before I buy. I'll just purchase items singly and with manu. coupons of course.

I'll post an update later in the month in this Series to show you what else I purchase to qualify for a larger check.

In the meantime, go grab a Rite-Aid SCR Booklet and the current Sales Flyer and start figuring out what you can get for free or close to it! ;-)

Sluggy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.