Friday, May 1, 2009

I Won, I Won! Coupons pay off in a Nice Way

My local Newspaper has been having a contest called the COUPON CLIPPER BOARD GAME.

Basically, you send them a grocery receipt showing how much you saved using coupons from the Sunday inserts. They pick the highest 4 coupon receipt totals each week that folks submit.

The winners get to go to the newspaper offices and pick an envelope off a board. Inside each envelope is a Gift Card to an area grocery store. The amounts range from $25, $50, $100 to the grand prize of $500.

This is the last week the Contest is running. I had sent in 2 different receipts over the course of the month.

They called ME on the phone the other day....I finally won!

I ran right downtown to the office to claim my prize. I did pretty well & got a $50 Gift Card. No one so far has found the $500 GC, unless one of the 3 other winners this week got it.

I really didn't think I had a chance of winning. You see, I don't do "big shops". I don't use my coupons all in 1 receipt. Instead of buying everything in one trip at one store, I do smaller transactions at lots of stores each week. So, in TOTAL, I DO save tons with coupons, but you don't see it by just looking at ONE receipt.

Remember all those bags of Iams Dog Food I got at Walmart w/the $5 Qs last month? Add in the Wheat Thins I also bought on that receipt with $2/2 Qs and I had a $48 Coupon Savings, which was good enough to be a Winner....yippee!


I'll post the article from the newspaper after it comes out on Sunday. The bad part is we all have to have our photos published in the paper.

I just hope mine doesn't come out looking anything like this.....not that there's anything wrong with being a bag lady.....



Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.