Monday, May 4, 2009

Guess what showed up in the Mail today?


The STAPLES Rebate Checks for the 35 Reams of Computer Paper I bought in March & April. I wanted to wait until I had the money back in Hand before I talked about this deal.....didn't want to jinx it and all. I learned of this deal at the end of March from Precious over on her blog-
FRUGAL MAKES CENTS.

Staples was getting rid of the old stock of their 24lb. weight multipurpose paper in the old package design. The paper goes for $6.99 a ream and the rebate is for $5.99, so in the end, you get each ream for $1. It's a nice heavier weight paper too, quality stuff.

If the rebate wasn't enough, when you join the Staple Rewards Program(it's free to sign up), you can get a check at the end of each quarter of the year totaling 10% of your purchase of paper, ink & toner. The catch is you have to spend at least $100 in the quarter to get this 10% rebate.
My 35 reams of paper initially cost $244.65-$259.33 with the local sales tax. The paper rebate came to $209.65. My Staples Rewards rebate will be an additional $24.46. So after both rebates I will have spent $25.22 on 35 reams of paper. That's .72¢ a ream! If only I lived/shopped in Delaware or New Hampshire, where there is NO sales tax, my cost would be have only been $10.54 for 35 Reams!!

This Rebate is good for purchases made through May 9th, IF you can find a Staples with this item still in stock. It's Item #554638. The package is yellow with blue writing and a white star in the center & sells for $6.99 a ream/package. You can sign up for the Rewards Program in the store and do the Rebate online. Easy Peazy!

Needless to say, Sluggy won't be buying paper for quite some time now! ;-)

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.