Friday, August 11, 2023

Frugal Friday 2023...the August 11th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   



When will this living hell of a Summer end???  And the photo doesn't even mention the "Heat Index temp" here.  This photo is just from a random day last week.

There are very few Frugal wins this past week but here goes......

*  Got a few things at Kroger last Friday....pounds of blueberries and strawberries for .99¢ each, reduced fresh produce like .54¢ lb. mushrooms, slaw mix for .75¢, a salad kit for $1, a lb. of local Kielbasi for under $4, a lb. of salmon for $7.49, non-green peppers for .99¢ each and BOGO olive oil.

*  Staying inside mostly, needless to say, due to this extremely warm Summer still.  Who else thinks that Mr. Willis Carrier should be canonized a saint?!?  Right up there with him is Mr. Frederick Jones who invented the first portable a/c unit. 8-))

*  Two PT appointments this past week which costs Zero OOP.

*  After PT last Friday we went to Kroger(see ABOVE)..  I had points worth .30 discount per gallon of gas at Kroger so Hubs got gas there and used my discount.

*  My new clothes arrived last Saturday...


I needed a black dress as I had none.  When we went to pack up and move our wardrobes in PA the black dress I had from 16 years ago when Hubs mom died was nowhere to be found.  Roaman's was running a 60% off your first item and 40% off your 2nd item deal(really, if you got items that were the same price it just meant they were both 50% off).  So I got another of the same dress in a different color as more of my clothing is just hanging off me so these are a size smaller.  I also had a $10 Reward Certificate that was expiring this month and a Free Shipping code I could use.

And it's a good thing I had that free ship code.  They charged $19.99 for shipping just these 2 lightweight dresses(but I didn't pay that w/the code).  And in that package were all these various catalogs from them and their affiliated companies.  I think this all weighed MORE than the dresses!!  And I am certainly not paying shipping on all this cr*p I didn't ask for or want!

*  The doggies got groomed!
They were way overdue too.......
Some shaggy dogs.
And the after......


Nice and clean and short cuts.
We found a local person who does dog grooming instead of paying out the nose for PetSmart workers to do it.
She charges less than PS, did a better job and they are looking mighty spiffy(and smell much better)!

*  I found money! 


A penny on the floor at Kroger last Friday near the registers.  This may be the wrong penny photo but whatever.  It's a penny and if this isn't the "one", the actual one looks just like this(but maybe with more wear on it). lol

Total Found in last Week.... .01¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.03

That's all for this past week.  Just sitting home is frugal, right?

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy  

8 comments:

  1. My walking exercise sketcher shoes were toast, so I bought New Balance shoes on sale for $34.99. I have to walk an hour, either at 6 am, or 7 pm, four days a week, bc of the heat. I bought middle son a Filet Mignon for $16.99, on sale at Fresh Market, and cooked
    it for him, along with corn on the cob. My non frugal is driving back and forth to work, over two hours one way, from house in college town because it has the kick azz air conditioner. I am so over the heat…… Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something makes me think you're in for summer after summer of the heat. I don't think the climate change is going to reverse. Cute puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jre depending on your size now (and I’m under the impression that you are short? ) I’m 5 1”. I love Lands End at times for for several things but they carry xl petites that fit me so well. They had great petite dresses in knits and last year I got a few summer shift type knit ones I love. Like a nightgown in comfort. Very good quality and they can have amazing sales especially end of season and their things are so basic/timeless style that they work for years. (I went nuts a few years ago buying several down winter coats at crazy prices after years of not being able to find a petite that would fit me). I think I bought at least 6 plus some raincoats etc. I’m set here inMn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you
    Give us more details on the dresses? I need a black dress. Slughorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this one..... https://www.roamans.com/products/flutter-sleeve-crinkle-dress/1001461.html?cgid=RM_Dresses&dwvar_1001461_color=4388178
      It's a rayon dress(nothing better than rayon in the Summer!)and I'll hem it shorter. It's not everyone's taste and if you live in colder climates it won't work for you. I have a white shrug I can pair it with when/if our nephew has a memorial service for Hubs brother at some point up in PA and we are able to go.

      Delete
  5. Your puppies look like they feel much better. Good deals at Kroger, I love their markdowns. Shipping from Roamans and Woman Within are both too high, glad you got free shipping and a discount on your new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had about 50 tomatoes turn ripe all at once so turned them into tomato sauce today. Saved a few for sandwiches but it looks like I need to pick more soon.

    I’ve dumped 8 gallons of shock in the pool recently and noticed a hint of algae returning today. Off to Rural King again for more chemicals. At least they were 25% off this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dogs are so cute and fluffy. But, they are probably much cooler without so much hair. The black and white one is especially cute. My friend had a dog that had sparse and straggly, ugly and mean. I cannot believe a long-hair chihuahua can be so cute and cuddly looking.
    I never heard of Roaman, but will check into it. I love, love, LOVE rayon, summer or winter. I have the Woman Within catalog and worry about quality. Maybe now I will order something. Walk slow and stay in the shade. Yes, I know it should be 'slowly' but that is how it is said in the South.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.