Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Food Spending......the August 2023 Edition

*I'm done with food spending for August so this report is a couple of days early.*

 Onward to August's Food Spending Report.....




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for August 2023.

I have posted August's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in August.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods. We are a family of 2(and 2 dogs).
****************

KROGER
OOP  $326.49
Qs/Gift Cards $180.63
Value $507.12
Savings  35.62%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $28.02
Value  $54.46
Savings  48.55%

SUPER 1 FOODS
OOP  $ 1.97
Value  $3.49
Savings  43.55%

WALMART
OOP  $67.61
Qs/Gift Cards $44.53
Value  $112.14
Savings  39.71%

********************
My best Store Savings Total was at Ollie's with a savings of  48.55%.  My worse rate was  at Kroger with 35.62%.  Unfortunately Kroger is where I spent the bulk of my food shopping money in August. lol

I shopped at 4 different stores in AUGUST.

TOTAL Spent in August......$424.09
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards....$253.16
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.....$677.21
TOTAL Savings of........37.38%

This closes out the AUGUST food/toiletries/etc. spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month....Well I did a little better staying almost within my budget.  Just shopping the sales and trying not to buy unless something is reduced and I can stockpile it.

The Monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 1.28% in August to 40.46% compared to July's 39.18% savings average.

With 8 months accounted for, I have spent a Total of $3,266.08 on groceries/HBA/paper goods/etc. in 2023.

2023 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$3,266.08
2023 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$5,485.29
2023 Grand Total Saved...............................$2,219.21
2023 Yearly Savings Total..............................40.46%

The average per month amount spent is $408.26 in 2023 at this point.

LOOKING AHEAD TO SEPTEMBER......
Not predicting what I spend but I'll be keeping tabs on the grocery bills in September. 
I am going to shoot for $350 or less for September's spending.....that's not to say that I'll make that target but a girl has to dream! ;-)
Remember that I withdraw all my cash rebate monies(Ibotta, Coupons dotcom, Shopmium, Checkout 51 and other miscellaneous rebates sent to my Paypal)at the end of the year and add it back into my food budget, so at the end of the year my food spending will go down.  The other savings apps like Fetch, Shop Kick, Kroger Cash Back that let us get free gift cards(or $ off your grocery total-Kroger), those are added back in when I cash those points in along the way.  Alexa app gives me Amazon credit onto my account but I don't buy food on Amazon(sometimes I buy dog food there)so I really don't know how to count that.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share your thoughts with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in August?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons versus buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

*  Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?

Sluggy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.